Sr. Accounting Analyst
Broadridge is hiring! We are seeking an experienced Sr. Accounting Analyst to work in our Jersey City, NJ office. In this position you will be responsible for leading key accounting processes for several business units during monthly book close, as well as coordinating related reporting and other key processes. You will work with Accounting Shared Services, Business Unit FP&A, and Corporate Finance teams. You will be responsible for ensuring all close related processes are completed for each business unit, which includes ensuring journal entries are processed for revenue and expenses, and reviewing the P&L and balance sheets for each business unit. You will also be involved in numerous key groundbreaking projects focused on centralizing, standardizing and automating accounting activities into our shared services “centers of excellence” model.
In order to be successful in this position, you should have a deep understanding of the financial close process, balance sheet and internal controls. You should have accounting experience, be a critical thinker, show a demonstrated ability to multitask, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, including but not limited to reviewing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Perform comprehensive review and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts for all business units and recommend and execute accounting adjustments as needed
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors, compliance, legal and tax departments to provide documentation for annual auditing requests
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures
- Lead and drive numerous projects focused on centralizing and standardizing key accounting processes, which may include automation of processes
- Actively identify and resolve accounting and control deficiencies
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 4+ years of demonstrated experience working with balance sheets and book close processes
- Experience in project management and executing process improvement initiatives
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and summarize data for management review
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Proficiency in Excel and Oracle general ledger application
- Self-starter who is collaborative, visionary, analytical and has demonstrated leadership skills
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fintech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses. Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top