SQL Server DBA
Broadridge is seeking a dynamic, self starter for a SQL Database Administration role. We seek an individual experienced in all aspects of SQL Server administration including architecture, build, administer, clustering, disaster recovery and security best practices. You will be responsible for providing expertise in design, implementation, support and maintenance of large scale database environments.
Daily tasks will include:
- Lead and support current and future database environments and initiatives.
- Proactively evaluate and implement new technology and solutions to business requirements.
- Research and create best practices for the implementation of new SQL features and solutions to high volume performance issues. Help to develop and enhance mechanisms to centralize the management of SQL instances to reduce the overhead of maintenance.
- Production support DBA responsibilities include:
- You function as a production support DBA for large sized, mission critical databases.
- Implement High availability & DR solutions and support periodic testing.
- Architect database environments to support very large sized databases (OLTP & DW) .
- Database patching / upgrades, database recoverability including backups, restores, log shipping, mirroring, replication, database performance and query tuning.
- Oversee all aspects of SQL Server technologies. Working with Microsoft and other vendors.
- Proactively monitor and maintain production databases.
- Perform logical database design review and physical database implementations.
- Work with development teams on all aspects of database design including tables, views, stored procedures and permissions. Document and provide development best practices.
- Independently manage own projects from a dB perspective. Responsible for end to end solution for projects assigned.
- Respond to production and/or mission-critical issues and needs on 24/7 basis.
We seek the following skills and experience:
- You possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years expertise as a SQL Server DBA with one year of experience with SQL 2014 / SQL 2012 hands on experience as Sr. DBA.
- You have strong experience with clustering, replication and mirroring and experience with Always On, SQL 2012 & SQL 2014.
- Hands-on knowledge installing, configuring, and supporting SQL Server databases.
- Previous database performance tuning and configuration tools in MS SQL Server is desired along with SAN knowledge related to SQL configuration, performance and replication.
- We seek thorough knowledge of data backup, recovery, and rollback planning/implementation.
- You are proficient with SQL Server 2005/2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 & 2014 optimization, fine-tuning, and scalability techniques with knowledge of SSIS.
- You will have experience with design / architecture for in-memory database in 2014.
- We seek prior experience with Cognos Center Framework Manager and SQL fertilization.
- Stays informed of/follows all relevant Broadridge policies to ensure the security and privacy of data.
- Microsoft certifications along with knowledge of other RDBMS is a plus
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top