Software Engineer - Oracle
Broadridge, a Global Fintech Leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity - Inclusion.
Diverse - Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.
Broadridge Financial Solutions Ltd. are seeking to recruit an Oracle Database Engineer who will join our cross stack Agile Team developing new features and improvements to a Software Suite, which provides solutions to our large Financial Industry Clients, enabling the management of their Securities Financing and Collateral Management Operations.
This is an exciting time to join Broadridge’s SFCM Development Team. The Department is currently in the progress of large-scale modernization of working practices across almost all operations, from the continuous evaluation and evolution of planning and dedication that is at the heart of Scaled Agile, to complete overhaul of our Source Control Management Model, investment in DevOps, and a shift towards growing modularity of design as our Applications fit into the large ecosystem of Solutions that Broadridge provides to clients as a whole.
You will be working with Tech Leads, Solution Architects and other members of your squad to turn the business requirements into flexible Product Solutions. There are also opportunities for providing professional mentorship to junior members of staff, particularly in the Database, but across all Technology Stacks, to ensure the product well-built from front to back.
As a Software Engineer you will be supporting our business transformation from a Project basis to a single Product for all our clients, taking advantage of the newest features of Oracle 12c and helping to redesign our Application to be more modular, testable and adaptable.
Skills & Attributes
- Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
- Understanding of the full SDLC
- Source Control (Perforce or similar)
- Ambitious, results oriented, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality software
- A good communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Challenges the norm, actively seeks new opportunities to improve company’s processes/systems
- 2+ Years proven commercial development experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- A collaborative approach to development
- Agile Experience
- Experience with Oracle Performance Tuning
- Understanding of solution design
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
- Experience of the Securities Finance market and a general appreciation of other aspects of the Financial Markets
- Ability to learn from a highly experienced and capable team, as well as to support junior staff to assist them in their ongoing career development
- Experience of other technologies in our stack:
- Java, spring framework, C#/.Net, WPF, Powerbuilder, C/Pro*C, Shell scripting
- Jira, Teamcity, maven, Linux
- Agile Development Team
- Solution Architects
- Technical Architect
- Production Support team
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
Kimberly R.Associate Account Manager
Kimberly works with her clients to figure out what their day-to-day challenges are, what their five-year company vision is, and how Broadridge can help them reach their goals.
Back to top