Software Development Engineer (JR1010127)
- St. Petersburg, Russia
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
You’re a respected senior team member who can come into an existing team working in a collaborative Scrum environment and make an impact with your own delivery and through others.
You ask the right questions up front and take personal responsibility for what you commit to do, owning it to completion.
You love to deliver real value to customers and work hard to understand their needs and come up with ideas to meet them.
Your code is neat, quick and hits the functional mark every time, with rigorous, automated test code.
You care as much about architectural design as implementation code and can take on big design questions, do the research needed to make the right choices, get stakeholders around them, and guide the team effort to flawlessly execute.
You can keep multiple projects and conversations moving forward with different sets of stakeholders and manage your time so that the loop always gets closed.
You work smoothly with your teammates and speak up where you see how we can raise the team standards, to better designs and code, better and newer tools, and better ways to interact with each other to make our shared workplace high performance and fun to be in.
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET- our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for enterprise wide banking across all asset types.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Rockall is now a Broadridge company.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 5+ years professional experience [Refer to Alex / Svetlana on this: is 5+ too low?]
- Strong development experience with Java
- Unit and Integration testing methodologies for efficient, comprehensive validation
- Familiarity with one or more RDBMS’s e.g. Postgres
- Experience developing and deploying solutions on one or more major Cloud platforms e.g. Amazon AWS, Google, Azure
- Familiar with Build and Continuous integration – Ant, Maven, CI tools (Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to show flexibility and reach compromise where appropriate
- Willingness to take ownership for assigned aspects of the project(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- A high standard of English
- Eligible to visit Ireland
- Experience with cloud and container tooling such as Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Familiarity with Linux and system engineering concepts
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Python and/or Clojure
- Experience of implementing Web Services
- Experience developing frontends with Angular & Typescript
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
Back to top