Software Business Analyst - CONTRACT
Broadridge Advisor Solutions is the fast-growing Marketing Technology business unit of Broadridge, one of the world's largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We're looking for a versatile Sr. Software Business Analyst to join our Boston-based product development team, building one of our most ground breaking products yet.
In this position, you'll be responsible for critically analyzing, refining and documenting the requirements for this new product and communicating those requirements to team members at various levels. You will lead the product lifecycle from conception to development and delivery. To be successful, you'll need to have a blend of business and technical savvy, a systems thinking mindset, a keen awareness and curiosity of emerging technologies, pragmatic decision making skills and an ability to drive the evolving big picture into the details.
- Partner with the Product Manager, Sr. Business Analyst and project stakeholders to understand and critically evaluate requirements and translate the business needs into user stories that can be understood by the software engineers and quality assurance engineers.
- Conduct comprehensive requirement gathering sessions: JAD sessions, one-on-one and group interviews for the development of both business, functional and system requirement documents.
- Write detailed User Stories and Epics and prioritize the product backlog into Sprints to align with the product vision and priorities, leveraging a Kan Ban board via tool like Jira
- Write detailed acceptance criteria for each user story
- Make recommendations for process and business flows and develop consensus on requirements to consistently bring open items to closure
- Manage change flow and traceability of requirements documents
- Research relevant external products and technologies that may be used and would need to be understood be to drive technical direction and API development
- Support story review sessions and Sprint Reviews of software produced to ensure the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Develop project target landmarks and completion dates and adhere to an agreed upon schedule.
- 3-5 years business analyst experience in web-based software development environments
- Extensive experience in use case documentation and user-story documentation
- Ability to communicate complex topics with simple, straight forward language
- Ability to frame communication (both written and oral) based on the audience present, including executive level.
- Strong knowledge of application lifecycle management software such as Jira or Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Technical Project Management experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Scrum/ Agile experience
- Experience facilitating JAD sessions for requirements gathering
- Collaborative, positive attitude and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid environment is crucial
- Enterprise SaaS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Marketing Technology experience a plus
- Experience working with both onshore and offshore Development and QA teams a plus
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top