We are currently recruiting for a Software Architect to join our Factory Systems Department in El Dorado Hills, CA. The person filling this position will be in a key role incorporating strategic initiatives into department, business unit, or company-wide technical planning for platform, application, and skill set infrastructure. In this role you will advise senior management on broad strategic issues related to internal and external technical advances. Define technology strategy based on market, technical, and competitive analysis and research, recommend, estimate, prototype and possibly initiate development or introduction of next generation products, methodologies, technologies, etc
- You’ll provide expertise and consulting on multiple platforms, system integration, and compatibility to senior management and other groups
- Collaborate with the team to define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team.
- You will develop high-level product specifications with attention maintainability.
- You’ll oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design and consistency to standards.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to developers and engineers.
- Demonstrate proposed methodologies (sample code) and provide proof-of-concepts on newer technologies.
- Ensure projects meets all requirements of quality, maintainability, security, modifiability, extensibility etc. *DICE_TA
- 10+ years’ related experience in software development with a minimum of 2+ years experience as a Software Architect.
- 2+ years experience in software development or architecting in object oriented languages (IE: Java, C++).
- 2+ years experience with relational database development and products; Oracle preferred.
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition technologies; Servlets, JSP, Java Server Faces (JSF), Java Persistence API (JPA), JMS, Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS).
- Experience with middleware tools; JMS Providers, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Apache httpd.
- Experience with enterprise design patterns and Test Driven Development.
- Experience refactoring legacy applications; applying design patterns, new methodologies and newer technologies.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation abilities.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, MIS or related field is preferred
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fintech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, high performance, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses. Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity& Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top