Service Delivery Engineer (JR1018227)
- Deer Park, NY
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit Broadridge.com/.
Broadridge is hiring! We currently have an opening for a Service Delivery Engineer based out of our Deer Park, NY office. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing Investor Communications Technology Development organization.
If you are looking to work among a dynamic and creative team and would like to explore an opportunity within a growing S&P 500 organization on Long Island, we'd love to hear from you!
Job Description and Responsibilities
- You will participate with other senior members of staff to architect solutions in both our self-hosted data centers and our vendor hosted data centers.
- Perform support functions, where needed, to ensure the necessary services are provided and availability of the system is maintained in our 7x24 financial environment.
- Directly interact with business unit executives and project management teams to communicate operational status, key project status, and business value of services produced.
- Act as an issue point for tier1 and tier2 monitoring and operations teams. React to alerts within the environment and be able to resolve or advance them in a timely manner.
- Provide clear communication/escalation/follow up and closure to business impacting events involving multiple Broadridge teams and external partners.
- Work on break/fix hands on Windows, AIX, and Linux platforms as well as interaction with external parties for critical issue or hardware / software support tickets
- Implement and co-ordinate the creation and enforcement of technical service procedures, policies, and manuals, maintaining excellent verbal & written communication
- Provide off-shift on call work as required as well as performing off shift weekend changes.
- Create and maintain documentations, procedures and turnover document for the supporting products.
- Work directly with the business partner and project management team to provide project status on a weekly basis
- Perform and participate annual system readiness, capacity planning and provide recommendation to ensure environment meets SLA.
- Superb communication and organization skills
- You have 5-7+ years' experience in Service delivery management related roles and/or functional leadership role for Systems Administration of AIX/Redhat Linux systems and Windows environment in a large-scale production environment
- Knowledgeable in Server administration features such as containers, Veritas Volume Manager, and Veritas Cluster Software
- Knowledgeable in Middleware Administration in Apache, Tomcat, and Websphere
- Working knowledge of Network Load balancing
- Knowledgeable in delivering highly scalable, highly resilient solutions
- Good knowledge of VMware virtualization products including but not limited to ESX, vSphere, and vMotion.
- Thorough knowledge of good server and system administration principles.
- Strong functional knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, NFS and DNS.
- Ability to solve complex problems, providing root cause analysis and remediation to mitigate future risk with appropriate Technical and Operational staff to resolve issues.
- Container, Automation, and Cloud Knowledge a Plus
- Working experience on administer Container platform, and Docker Enterprise in particular with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes Orchestration.
- 3+ Years of hands-on experience with installing, configuring, maintaining, and deploying Docker Enterprise 2.x+
- Knowledge of DevOPS tools set: Chef, Jenkin, GIT, Terraform also a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of Datadog Monitoring
- Knowledge of Aqua Security
- Hands-on experienced with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Basic experience on Docker container images, tagging and labels.
- Basic experience with some RDBMS, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Automation with BMC Bladelogic
- Added Plus but not required
- Redhat Certified System Admin (RHCSA)
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA)
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to BRcareers@broadridge.com
Back to top