Senior/Principal Software Engineer - CONTRACT
We're looking for a senior engineer with strong backend and data processing knowledge to help us write the next generation of cloud based solutions for financial advisors. We've recently launched an innovation lab to bring new technical light into our organization and are looking for motivated engineers to build high-quality software offerings utilizing the latest in NLP and machine learning technologies.
We're creating an innovative environment where we can use and experiment with the greatest new technologies and apply best practices in the areas of test driven development, continuous integration, continuous improvement and software quality.
If that sounds like the type of environment you'd like to work in we'd love to hear from you.
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer with a focus in backend technologies
- Experience creating projects from the ground up to business requirements with minimal guidance.
- A strong desire for clean, simple and maintainable code
- A strong desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience with unit testing or test driven development
- Experience with Java or a modern JVM language (Scala strongly preferred)
- Experience with database design including tuning query performance
- Experience building or working with ETL tools
- Working knowledge of Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Working knowledge of one cloud provider such as AWS, Google App Engine, Azure or Linode
- Working knowledge of Git and Git flow
- We'll like you even more if you have at least one of the following:
- Experience with an alternate JVM language such as Scala or Kotlin
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of developers
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with data science or machine learning algorithms
- Experience with building batch and real-time analytics, decision support and business intelligence analysis and reporting enterprise software is a plus
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top