Senior Vice President of Applications Development (JR1014969)
- Deer Park, NY
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit https://www.broadridge.com/.
Broadridge is growing! We are looking for our next Senior Vice President of Application Development to lead, drive and continually innovate our Broadridge Digital solutions. This role can be based out of one of the following locations: Deer Park, NY / Kansas City, MO / Coppell, TX /El Dorado Hills CA.
In this position, you’ll lead a technology development organization that is tightly aligned with product and strategy to deliver PaaS and SaaS solutions that allow channel partners to innovate and differentiate using our unique digital offerings. This will involve essential communications, identity and preference management, data storage and analytics using new cloud technologies. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, Broadridge empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and achieve the competitive position in driving consumer engagement.
Are you passionate about technology innovation and the power and possibilities that cloud technologies have unleashed? Does the idea of collaborating with other hardworking and exceptionally smart Digital and industry technology specialists motivate you? Are you looking to deliver innovative solutions that transform the customer experience for major brands across the world? Then we urge you to explore our opportunity below!
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Lead a technology development organization with multiple offices across the world in which you will lead the design, development and delivery of our cloud based digital products.
- Manage and drive the full development and delivery lifecycle of our digital software offerings.
- Partner with our digital product and strategy leadership to continuously innovate and advance our digital product roadmap.
- Architect a modern, secure digital API ecosystem that supports industry wide scale efficiently and with elasticity and durability.
- Launch people management practices and processes to attract and retain the best IT talent in the PaaS space. Implement continuous learning practices to continually grow and challenge our hardworking associates to expand their skills and help them reach their potential.
- Establish yourself as an industry leader with vision by representing Broadridge at conferences and networking events along with sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide.
- Implement world class Agile and Continuous delivery practices to drive optimal efficiency and speed of innovation.
Skills and Experience Required
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a multi-functional, matrix management environment.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment where you're required to take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done.
- Demonstrable experience acting as a Champion of a growing organization, building out new development teams to execute new solution offerings from ground up.
- Experience managing geo-distributed internal and external software development teams.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior leaders and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Professional experience designing, building and deploying AWS serverless cloud-based solutions using S3, Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway and other related AWS services.
- Experienced in the use of Agile methodologies and micro-service architectures and deployment models to promote speed and Business Agility.
- Ability to stay on top of current and new industry trends, technologies, and cloud software development practices and communicate and share this information with others
- Solid experience with Enterprise Portfolio/Resource Management (Resource Planning and P&L Ownership).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience within a programming and application system environment (Java, C++, Perl, Node.js, Ruby, etc.)
- 10+ years in a leadership role including experience driving a team while focusing on continuous improvement initiatives and setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives.
- 8+ years’ experience in a SaaS/PaaS software development role
- Domestic travel required 25% of the time. International travel required as well. #LI-ME1
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other protected status. "Our Associates Matter. Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Back to top