Senior Software Business Analyst
Senior Software Business Analyst
Broadridge Advisor Solutions is the fast-growing Marketing Technology business unit of Broadridge, one of the world’s largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We’re looking for a versatile Sr. Software Business Analyst to join our Boston-based product development team, building one of our most ground breaking products yet.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for critically analyzing, refining and documenting the requirements for this new product and communicating those requirements to team members at various levels. You will lead the product lifecycle from conception to development and delivery. To be successful, you’ll need to have a blend of business and technical savvy, a systems thinking mindset, a keen awareness and curiosity of emerging technologies, pragmatic decision making skills and an ability to drive the evolving big picture into the details.
- Partner with the Product Manager and project stakeholders to understand and critically evaluate requirements and translate the business needs into user stories that can be understood by the software engineers and quality assurance engineers.
- Conduct comprehensive requirement gathering sessions: JAD sessions, one-on-one and group interviews for the development of both business, functional and system requirement documents.
- Make recommendations for process and business flows and develop consensus on requirements to consistently bring open items to closure
- Collaborate with Data Architect and Application Architect to keep all system and data architecture diagrams current and accurate
- Manage change flow and traceability of requirements
- Research relevant external products and technologies that may be leveraged and would need to be understood be to drive technical direction and API development
- Prioritize the product backlog to align with the product vision and priorities.
- Lead story review sessions and Sprint Reviews of software produced to ensure the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Assist in the user interface design of the software products
- Articulates requirements, and documents requirements via the approved process and templates
- Develop project target landmarks and completion dates and adhere to an agreed upon schedule. *DICE_TA *LI-PH1 *TM_01
- BA/BS degree from a leading college; quantitative science or engineering degree is preferred but not required
- 7-10 years business analyst experience in web-based software development environments
- Extensive experience in use case documentation, data mapping, data analysis, test case creation, and traceability
- Ability to frame communication (both written and oral) based on the audience present, including executive level.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, working knowledge of relational databases structure query language (SQL) for querying and support; knowledge of application lifecycle management software such as Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Technical Project Management experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Scrum/ Agile experience
- Experience facilitating JAD sessions for requirements gathering
- Understanding of overall conceptual design across multiple products, and ability to identify and resolve problem details associated with integrated products
- Collaborative, positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment is crucial
- Enterprise SaaS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Marketing Technology experience a plus
- Experience working with both onshore and offshore Development and QA teams a plus
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fin-tech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, high performance, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses… Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Feel free to reach us at: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top