Senior Director of Application Development
Broadridge is hiring. We are looking for our next Senior Director of Development to provide vision and leadership for designing and implementing information technology initiatives that align with the mission of our Marketing Communications Group. If you're passionate about joining a growing and diverse team, please see below.
- You will focus on functional, technical and implementation related aspects of the work products being produced.
- You'll possess extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge in order to oversee the workflow, budget, staff, output and overall standards and procedures of a substantial application development group.
- You will direct, manage and deliver application development projects through the application of comprehensive software development process processes.
- You'll balance areas' supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests (SERs), Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals.
- You will manage the client relationship, including expectations and customer happiness.
- You'll collaborate and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on a bold, but achievable timeline.
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship on software development tools, technology and Agile development methodologies.
- You'll coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- You'll execute on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture. Ensure quality work consistently.
- Technical leadership to resolve development and application issues performance levels and career development.
- Provide leadership in security remediation activities
- Hands on experience with ability to mentor developers on implementing security remediation and secure programming practices
- You'll have deep and comprehensive understanding of the applications functional and non-functional requirements
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- B.S. in Computer Science / related field required (Master's Degree desirable).
- 18+ years within a programming and application system environment (.NET, C#, Cold Fusion/Java, Oracle, SQL, Greenplum, Informatica)
- 15 years' of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization required
- 10+ years of experience running / leading teams
- Experience with running the development of cloud-based applications and development of APIs, web services
- Detailed knowledge of technologies.
- Dynamic leadership and agent of change capable of influencing the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as meaningful assets to the company.
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning.
- An attested progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager
- Strong knowledge of the Agile software development cycle and development methodology.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on in software development and technical issues
- Self-motivated, excellent teammate, action-and-results oriented
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Well organized, extraordinary communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Extraordinary leadership capability
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Financial services experience is preferred.
- DICE_TA *LI-ME1
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top