Senior Application Support Analyst, Programmer - Java
Broadridge is hiring! We are seeking a Senior Application Support Analyst/Programmer based out of our Pittsburgh, PA office. This is an excellent opportunity to join our dynamic team that supports our Access Data business locally and the SalesVision application suite. In this role you will be focusing in on providing top tier level support for advance troubleshooting for our site of products.
Software Support Responsibilities
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and fellow employees.
- You will have the ability to operate in a "fast paced" environment, dealing with several problems and/or assignments concurrently (multi-tasking).
- Ability to function effectively in a self-directed environment and interact well with other teams (software development, sales and relationship management, internal users)
- Support Duties
- You'll provide courteous, prompt, and professional support to internal customers experiencing problems and making requests.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, reproduce and resolve customer issues with urgency and determine a resolution of the problem.
- Utilize various software tools, techniques, and processes to investigate and resolve problems.
- Clearly and completely document processes and problem resolutions.
- You will contribute to and maintain the company knowledge base and code repositories with relevant information and software fixes (scripts, recommendations, etc).
- Work to maintain a current working knowledge of the software products.
- 5+ years of experience encompassing 4+ years previous programming experience is required (any object oriented language);
- 4+ years of experience with Java;
- Must be a self-starter with excellent customer service skills;
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, equivalent background or demonstrated experience;
- Consistent track record of meeting deadlines;
- Ability to demonstrate tact and sensitivity in customer communications projecting a positive image;
- Ability to deal with change, demonstrating a willingness to learn and embrace new technology.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail; and
Documentation oriented and detail oriented with attention to processes and procedures.
Previous experience in providing software support and troubleshooting desirable;
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge's investor communications, securities processing and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. With over 50 years of experience, Broadridge's infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America, and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Broadridge employs approximately 6,700 full-time associates in 14 countries.
Broadridge helps financial institutions and corporate issuers in two ways, through technology and operations outsourcing, and across a number of business categories. Because of our deep experience and world-class capabilities, our clients entrust us with mission-critical responsibilities. Across a wide range of needs, Broadridge offers not only services, but solutions for your business.
Investor Communication Solutions
Broadridge's flexibility and proxy management expertise helps our clients meet current and future regulatory requirements with confidence. We facilitate getting the vote quickly and efficiently while maximizing transparency.
Specifically, our Investor Communication Solutions business involves the processing and distribution of proxy materials to investors in equity securities and mutual funds, as well as the facilitation of related vote processing. ProxyEdge®, our electronic proxy delivery and voting solution for institutional investors, helps ensure the participation of the largest stockholders of many companies. We also provide the distribution of regulatory reports and corporate action/reorganization event information, as well as tax reporting solutions that help our clients meet their regulatory compliance needs. In addition, we provide financial information distribution and transaction reporting services to both financial institutions and securities issuers. These services include the processing and distribution of account statements and trade confirmations, traditional and personalized document fulfillment and content management services, marketing communications, and imaging, archival and workflow solutions that enable and enhance our clients' communications with investors. All of these communications are delivered in paper or electronic form. For more information on Broadridge, please visit us at www.broadridge.com
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth"
Back to top