Reporting to the Managing Director - Canadian Sales, the Sales Director will be a part of a sales team that is dedicated to the Bank Broker Dealer team with focus on the pension plan and buy-side market segment. The Sales Director will be responsible for establishing and building relationships with prospective clients, presenting Broadridge's product set and achieving and/or exceeding quota based sales targets. The successful candidate must have a proven record of success selling within the financial services and/or brokerage industry, strong and polished presentation skills and can effectively represent Broadridge and its capabilities. The role requires high-level interaction with senior management at both the client and Broadridge, good general knowledge of the brokerage industry, specifically back and middle office operations, the ability to quickly learn the details of the department's core offering, the aptitude to drive client interest, grow their own sales pipeline and close sales opportunities.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities within existing clients by cold calling and leveraging existing (internal and external) relationships
- Market products and services to existing client firms
- Independently oversee and complete all aspects of the sales process from pre-qualification to completion
- Follow a "Playbook" approach that includes the development of business cases and pricing, utilizing complex internal models
- Provide direction internally by recommending enhancements to current product set and business processes
- Coordinate activities across Broadridge to ensure the successful and timely implementation of products and services within the existing client-base
- Be accountable for and take ownership of all objectives, deliverables and commitments to these clients
- Help maintain positive relationships with clients by appropriately directing any service, delivery and billing issues
- Develop sales plans, specific to individual clients, to identify opportunities to grow pipeline, sell appropriate Broadridge products and services and maximize revenue
- Maintain a constant awareness of current and planned development of Broadridge products
- Interface with clients to keep them abreast of product information
- Responsible for providing management with all requested sales reports and supporting correspondence, including the utilization of the sales management tool (Salesforce.com)
- Attend trade shows, conferences or other industry-related events to help strengthen existing Broadridge and client relationships, develop new relationships, remain current on industry issues, increase awareness of competitive offerings, and promote Broadridge products and services
- Manage internal resources to provide the necessary expertise and support during the sales process including legal, finance, product specialists, and senior management
Basic Skill Level Requirements:
- University Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years-experience of prior success selling to senior level financial services executives
- Extensive sales experience in the Canadian financial services/brokerage industry ideally with Tier 1 Banks and Asset Managers
- Experience selling to Pension Plans and/or Buy-side firms in Canada
- Demonstrate a proven record of success achieving sales quotas on a year-over-year basis
- Constantly met and or exceed annual quota assignments, build a pipeline, effectively forecast and met quarterly quota assignments
- Initiated, developed and maintained relationships with senior- level management with both clients and internal team
- Overall industry knowledge, with an ability to quickly learn the Broadridge product set
- Excellent with time management, sales opportunity qualifier and negotiations
- Superior written and oral presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Able to travel to client sites, up to 50% of the time
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top