Broadridge is seeking a Safety Manager to be responsible for the environmental, health and safety function for EDH facility. Are you up for the challenge? You will have responsibility for direct Company safety and environmental health (SEH) programs, respond to accidents and emergencies and ensure the root causes of any SEH hazards are resolved. You will ensure facilities, equipment and processes align with OSHA, EPA, fire, and local regulatory agency requirements and integrate SEH processes with Company operations and coordinate activities with other business units.
Have you had experience coordinating with facilities management and security personnel to support policies ensuring business continuity, implement emergency preparedness plans, establish emergency coordinators, and manage ongoing maintenance of the plans? Read on...
- Collaborate with staff at other Company sites to ensure consistency in processes where appropriate.
- Conduct regular SEH health audits of buildings, facilities, tools, equipment, and working conditions to identify problems, reporting findings to management, recommend solutions to correct hazardous safety or health situations, and follow up to ensure successful resolution.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with various regulatory agencies, industry organizations, and consultants. Interact with regulatory agencies and address any complaints associated with SEH compliance performing risk management activities in response to regulatory agencies' requests for information and in litigation avoidance.
- Ensure that any sites contaminated with spills, hazardous waste, or production by-products are cleaned up in accordance with government regulations.
- Evaluate web-based technologies and tools to improve SEH reporting and data collection processes and produce associated training courses. Establish and facilitate a local safety committee.
- Interact in the administration of the worker's compensation program including record keeping, risk assessments, implementation of workplace ergonomic solutions, and loss control measures to reduce costs and liabilities.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of current OSHA and state government SEH regulations by developing, implementing, and maintaining required guidelines, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage expenses appropriately to established budget and providing input into the SEH budget.
- Prepare and submit environmental regulatory permits for air, water, and solid and hazardous waste.
- Maintain involvement in record keeping, permitting, and reporting activities to reduce liabilities and negative impact on the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, Environmental Health Science, Engineering, or Business Management or advanced degree or certification in Safety or Environmental Management preferred.
- Minimum of five years' related experience including development and delivery of safety training; working knowledge of OSHA and local government safety and health regulations required; 8+ years' business experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- First Aid, CPR and emergency medical response training is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to interpret information, think critically, identify trends, establish priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Understanding how to work in a diverse group environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well to and show respect and consideration for others and establish relationships.
- Ability to operate a PC and be literate in using application software such as Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent follow up and oral and written communication skills. Ability to present concise and accurate information to peers, customers and management; ability to lead meetings/training sessions, generate group discussion and feedback and use media effectively.
- May be required to carry a cellular phone for on-call support as required which may include 24x7 coverage. May be necessary to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, etc) with occasional travel.
- Significant amount of standing and walking with exposure to excessive or loud noise in the production environment where hearing protection is requisite. #LI-AS1
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top