Broadridge is hiring a Full Time/Direct Hire Release Engineer based out of either our Deer Park, NY or Boston, MA offices. In this role you will be responsible both for establishing and implementing production release policies and standards as well as the hands-on managing of complex code builds. You’ll be supervising day-to-day code integration activities for a team of developers and support staff spanning multiple applications, environments and locations. The Release Engineer will assist other senior level Engineers in developing and maintaining portions of the integration and release processes within the infrastructure, development and support teams. Responsible for a number of multidisciplinary projects at any one time with the objective being to run the change process by ensuring the timely, safe deployment of changes to the production environment. Accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- You will establish policies and procedures for Release Engineering applicable to all groups within the Mutual Funds division.
- Recommend and carry out best practices and standards in release engineering.
- Build and deploy software applications to various environments (UAT, Staging, Production, BCP/DR).
- You will create opportunities to automate and enhance Change Management tools, environments, processes and procedures.
- Manage other resources whether on loan from other groups for the purpose of a specific release or if they are dedicated Release Team members.
- You’ll provide leadership in designing and improving the production release processes and related Change Management processes.
- Control product releases and monitor changes required for auditing and reporting throughout the product lifecycle.
- Branch, merge, and manage source code in source control system as needed. You will develop, support and maintain installer packages for various software applications that use different underlying technologies and target platforms.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy issues and work with the development team(s) to resolve.
- Coordinate release activities with Vendors, Project Management, Infrastructure, DBAs, Support, QA, Security, DevOps and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments.
- Manage and maintain multiple test and staging environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation or continuous integration using a combination of processes, existing tools and enhancements.
- Trace complex build problems, release and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining environment configuration, controls, code integrity, code conflict resolution, and will work closely with PM’s, software development & QA teams to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise and implement deployment processes.
- Assist to create, maintain and support extensive build and test environments (Development/QA/Staging).
- You’ll create, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment notes and launch plans as needed. *DICE_TA *LI-ME1
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top