Broadridge is hiring a Full Time/Direct Hire Release Engineer based out of either our Deer Park, NY or Boston, MA offices. In this role you will be responsible both for establishing and implementing production release policies and standards as well as the hands-on managing of complex code builds. You’ll be supervising day-to-day code integration activities for a team of developers and support staff spanning multiple applications, environments and locations. The Release Engineer will assist other senior level Engineers in developing and maintaining portions of the integration and release processes within the infrastructure, development and support teams. Responsible for a number of multidisciplinary projects at any one time with the objective being to run the change process by ensuring the timely, safe deployment of changes to the production environment. Accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- You will establish policies and procedures for Release Engineering applicable to all groups within the Mutual Funds division.
- Recommend and carry out best practices and standards in release engineering.
- Build and deploy software applications to various environments (UAT, Staging, Production, BCP/DR).
- You will create opportunities to automate and enhance Change Management tools, environments, processes and procedures.
- Manage other resources whether on loan from other groups for the purpose of a specific release or if they are dedicated Release Team members.
- You’ll provide leadership in designing and improving the production release processes and related Change Management processes.
- Control product releases and monitor changes required for auditing and reporting throughout the product lifecycle.
- Branch, merge, and manage source code in source control system as needed. You will develop, support and maintain installer packages for various software applications that use different underlying technologies and target platforms.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy issues and work with the development team(s) to resolve.
- Coordinate release activities with Vendors, Project Management, Infrastructure, DBAs, Support, QA, Security, DevOps and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments.
- Manage and maintain multiple test and staging environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation or continuous integration using a combination of processes, existing tools and enhancements.
- Trace complex build problems, release and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining environment configuration, controls, code integrity, code conflict resolution, and will work closely with PM’s, software development & QA teams to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise and implement deployment processes.
- Assist to create, maintain and support extensive build and test environments (Development/QA/Staging).
- You’ll create, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment notes and launch plans as needed. *DICE_TA *LI-ME1
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 2+ years in Release Engineer, Build Engineer or DevOps role
- 2+ years of experience with developing install packages with InstallShield, InstallAnywhere, MSI or other installer IDE applications
- 2+ years understanding of complex system architecture within a multi-tier environment.
- 2+ years of experience with designing or scripting of build processes using ANT, .NET, perl or other scripting languages.
- 2+ years of experience administering of a source control system such as MS TFS, Perforce, Visual SourceSafe or SVN
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of builds and deployments
- Experience programming with .Net, Java or other OO programming languages as well as HTML and XML programming
- SQL experience, preferably with MS SQL and Oracle a plus
- Experience with deployment to both Linux and Windows platforms a plus
- Experience working with and administration of web server technologies (IIS) is a plus
- Internet / E-Commerce application development experience is a plus
- Some previous team leadership experience preferred
- Familiarity with ITIL certification or other Service Management best practices related to Release Management
- Familiarity with CI\CD practices and tools a plus
- General understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping product releases
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management
- Some infrastructure (server, network) configuration experience preferred
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams a plus
QA Experience will be a big plus.
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fintech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, high performance, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses. Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top