Project Manager - CONTRACT
Broadridge is currently seeking an upbeat and dedicated Project Manager to join our Technical Services team in Jersey City, NJ!
This is a temporary, contract position.
Working with the Senior Director, Project Management & Service Delivery and working under the general direction of the Technical Services Management team you will be responsible for implementing and coordinating activities around Technical Services Projects within an ITIL framework. This will involve hands-on experience through the full project management life-cycle (including project initiation, integration, scope management, resource management, scheduling, communication, Risk management, procurement and reporting). Projects can range from smaller infrastructure initiatives, such as a server migration, to larger initiatives, like Network Migration.
- You will be leading project activities (ie. hardware implementations, migrations, upgrades of hardware and software).
- You work closely with identified technical resources to assess, coordinate and maintain scheduled activities to successful completion and client happiness. Take an active approach to quality management and ensure the appropriate and adequate level of quality is assured in the delivery of projects.
- You can direct resources on assigned projects and ensure clarity of project roles and responsibilities. Motivate and lead project team members and ensure accountability
- You will be able to document key steps, and deliverables required to successfully install, migrate, upgrade client environments, ensuring internal and external communications are handled and maintained.
- You are able to lead multiple priorities and adhering to tight deadlines, coordinating resource activities to ensure activities/timelines are maintained. Ensuring adequate documentation is maintained and delivered to adhere to reporting deadlines.
- Provide Project Planning & Execution (Scoping, finding solutions, managing client expectations, providing estimates & project plans), Task-based scheduling (resource management, timelines & budgets), Tracking metrics and project performance reporting. Dealing with Incidents, changes, issues, conflicts and Project closure
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to junior members of the project management team.
- Run the full systems life cycle of assigned projects to ensure comprehensive, timely and high quality outcomes.
- Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility.
- Facilitate regular project meetings and follows up with team members as required to focus on technical and operational issues or business issues. Document, assign and monitor all project issues or related incidents to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress.
- Assists Sr. Management in partnering with the business line to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Track and report on progress against plan to the project partners, including any variance along with cause and intended action to the Management. Deliver accurate, timely and recurring project status
- Translate project goals/objectives into a defined future state and project success measures that can be understood by project partners and delivered by the project team. Establish and continually manage partner expectations
- Proactively establish and maintain cooperative, productive multi-functional partnerships on current project/deliverables
Project Management & Analysis (Gant, Network Diagrams, PERT,WBS). Funding Proposals, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Change Management, Requirement Gathering). Technical project management experience with leading projects using UNIX/Linux systems, Network (WAN, LAN), Linux, Storage, Databases & Client Server Applications.
Nice To Have:
General knowledge of managing IT projects in the following areas: HP-UX systems, HP SAN Systems, Progress Database Implementations, Financial Services Solutions, Online Transaction Processing
Education, Certification and/or Relevant Experience:
Graduate of an accredited college or university with major studies in computer science, project management, or related fields.
Project Management Institution (PMI) certification or equivalent formal training.
Demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast paced project environment with shifting priorities, matrix managed resource pools, and tight deadlines.
Track Record of at least 5 years of IT Project Management, managing/coordinating projects within the IT services, IT Operations and Financial Services organization.
Service oriented and bright, professional, who is outgoing, responsible self-starter and willing to take initiative.
Strong knowledge of negotiating, organization development/change management, strategic planning, action planning and supervision are required for successful performance. Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
Ability to discuss technical issues with both Engineers and business users.
Ability to work with clients and 3rd party vendors for implementations and resolving issues.
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top