Production Coordinator (JR1012939)
- Deer Park, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Production Coordinator for our Deer Park office. Do you have an eye for quality and a dream of working in a dynamic environment for a growing organization? Are you a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and the desire to grow professionally. If so, we urge you to read below.
As our Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for your shift by managing the production department in any capacity when/where needed. You will raise Service Level Agrement (SLA) impact issues such as not enough staff, machine downtime or any other potential issues. You will focus on the associates, the clients and the shareholders with the goal of ensuring that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the Company’s overall market share.
- Responsible for ensuring all Operators have received proper technical training including Jetvision, Intel, and double detection checks. Additionally, ensure Operators have received proper quality and ISO training.
- Responsible for all mail industry production equipment such as Bindery, Insertion and Postal sort. Must know their capabilities, workflow enhancements and limitations.
- Assists in overseeing all labor on the Production floor ensuring the operation is running efficiently. Utilizes outside temp agencies to increase and decrease labor as volume dictates.
- Delegates and ensures all machines have work (minimize down time) and the right jobs are on the right machines; monitors and maximizes machine throughput.
- Responsible for Cross Training associates across Production Operations to reduce labor costs and position associates on the proper equipment.
- Plans/ Monitors/ Schedules proper labor to match volume needs dictated by workflow.
- Ensures following shift is prepared to run as efficiently as possible. Assist the Production Supervisor with the EOS turnover.
- Delegates and ensures all jobs on the Must-Mail list are prioritized and completed in the proper order. Track all “AMD jobs” and increase communication between departments to ensure must mail deadlines are met.
- Responsible for pulling jobs from supporting areas (Print Room, Forms, Inkjet, Scheduling) to help meet/exceed SLA’s.
- Share in the responsibility for staffing of associates during Proxy season, Saturday Confirms, and month end statement runs. Also must be prepared to work extended hours as applicable.
- Ensure material handlers keep machines filled with proper material/ envelopes required for the job, giving the Warehouse proper lead-time. Ensure all material handlers are trained and that all skids are scanned accurately using the RF gun. Monitors RF guns and ensure all personnel are licensed. Ensures the envelopes and materials are audited to ensure accurate counts on inventory.
- Works with outside vendors to accommodate sorting needs and forecast labor needs
- Ensures feedback is given to team members in a timely manner and encourages the use of kiosks to ensure all associates are informed of all Broadridge events and opportunities.
- Ensure all safety standards are met and adhered to.
- Ensures all surplus material is properly moved and keeps the production floor clean of debris
- Fills in and assumes all Production Supervisor responsibilities in the Production Supervisor’s absence.
- Monitor daily reports on throughput and quality using IQ, and gives proper feedback to operators. All Coordinators must communicate regularly with team on all process improvements.
- Accountable to meet and exceed cost per unit targets on production floor.
- Coaches, counsels, motivate, develop, supports, encourages and instructs floor leads and operators on the production floor.
- Position requires daily communication / updates with management on strategic work scheduling issues and planning of proper labor hours.
Skill Sets Required:
- Strong organizational skills; able to prioritize, multitask, manage multiple priorities simultaneously and recognize the importance of deadlines.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well and show respect and consideration for others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff and management at multiple levels.
- Thorough attention to details and the proven ability to review printed documents to ensure that they meet quality control standards.
We are seeking these qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- 4+ years related industry/equipment experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate a PC and be literate in using application software such as Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop and kneel, and lift to waist up to 20 pounds.
- Availability for flexible schedule and overtime required (which may include weekends and holidays during peak periods).
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other protected status. "Our Associates Matter. Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Back to top