President/GM, Investment Management Solutions
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing, and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. With over 50 years of experience, Broadridge’s infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Innovating and growing for over 50 years, FORTUNE® magazine has named Broadridge to its 2015 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies in the financial data services category and for the 9th year we have been honored as one of the Best Companies to Work for New York. Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates in 14 countries.
The Head of BIMS is responsible for the rapid development of the solution set driving revenue and EBIT growth, together with the high quality servicing of its global client base (currently US, UK and Hong Kong). BIMS is a business within our Global Technology and Operations (GTO) division.
The Role will manage a profitable business of over $40M in revenues in FY17, and manage a team of over 150 from a direct reporting and matrix management perspective. The business has been successful in becoming a leading global provider of Investment Management solutions to Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Family Offices, Prime Brokers and Hedge Fund Administrators.
The role will be responsible for the continued transition to a more scalable business and integrated GTO delivery model, while executing on existing business/product strategies and continuing to identify opportunities for innovation and strategic investment. The Role will entail identification of client and market-focused solutions, wider sales and distribution channels (if applicable), and provide leadership as a change agent and to deliver results.
The Role will have responsibility through our Center of Excellence matrix for key delivery functions — including Service Delivery, Technology and Infrastructure that will need to be directed and managed to support the Business.
The Role will sit on the GTO leadership team.
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the P&L, including
- Overall responsibility for client relationships and customer satisfaction for the Business (“great client satisfaction”)
- Execution of revenue growth for the Business through sales of existing and future solutions (“accretive revenue growth”)
- Development of, and execution of, strategies that deliver tangible value (“strategic growth”)
- Management of cost base and focus on cost optimization and margin expansion to deliver earnings growth (“accretive EBIT growth”)
- Work directly with other Broadridge businesses to create solutions across groups that create increased value (“win bundled solution deals”)
- Work with other Broadridge businesses on a global basis where BIMS is part of a far larger solution set (“win and maintain global mandates”)
- Management of budgets and financial reporting (“financial stewardship”)
- Leadership and management of associates (“inspirational coaching and mentoring”)
- Responsible for contributing to GTO’s overall strategy and growth through direct participation in GTO’s overall governance and as part of the GTO leadership team (“build a GTO business to be proud of”)
Business Development & Sales
- Directly contribute to Broadridge’s overall growth objectives through new business wins
- Ensure there is a sustainable business model for the Business: a deep pipeline (minimum 5:1), and solutions that meet market needs
- Develop growth strategies and develop investment recommendations that are based on prioritized market opportunities with supporting business cases
- Identify opportunities for acquisitions in the context of business growth strategies and develop appropriate business and execution plan recommendations
- Collaborate with Marketing on solution launches and events to enhance Broadridge’s reputation and win new business
- Serve as the trusted escalation point for the resolution of issues
- Maintain senior relationships with clients and prospects with a long-term aim of client retention and business growth
- Ensure quality of client services such that SLAs are met/exceeded and ensure clients will recommend Broadridge
- Inspire teams to convert new business to beat “plan” and “budget”
- Overall responsibility for conversion success, including ensuring that business and implementation resources are planned and allocated for implementation activities
- Inspire teams to exceed SLA and KPI goals to deliver excellent client satisfaction
- Ensure clients receive the support they need and work with the GTO and Broadridge centers of excellence to deliver efficiencies within support functions.
HR responsibilities — People and Culture
- Provide leadership to associates, motivating the teams to exceed our business goals
- Overall responsibility for organizational culture, including commitment to associate engagement
- Stewardship of associates in shared service functions such as Finance, Sales, IT in delivery of the business
- Ensure all associates, irrespective of function, feel part of our vison and one company agenda
- Identify and promote high potential talent and work with HR on talent agenda
- Ensure management is undertaking all reviews and career development objectives to Broadridge guidelines
- Manage regulatory and legal issues as required under guidance of BR & GTO leadership
- Ensure business cases are robust and tested thoroughly creating value for Broadridge and the client
- Negotiate business terms to a successful, fair conclusion on new contracts and act as arbitrator on difficult to conclude negotiations
- Excellent domain knowledge of Buy Side (Hedge Fund and Asset Management) markets and the competitive environment
- Well rounded knowledge of Buy Side market solutions and how Broadridge’s solutions can be successful
- Able to collaborate, build trusting relationships and bring teams together to work across geographies and business segments to drive Broadridge value and service clients
- Be seen as a leader within GTO through driving results, personal commitment, and leading by example in interactions with customers, peers, and associates
- Strong analytic capabilities to understand business issues and financials to deliver value to Broadridge
- Strong sense of Business ethics and compatibility with Broadridge values
- Ability to comprehend and prioritize the bigger picture (and needs of Broadridge) which may conflict on occasion with own Business needs
- Ability to negotiate both internally and externally with a “fair trade-off” mentality to discussions
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click hereto view the “EEO is the Law” poster”
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth” No Agency Solicitation Please
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top