Oracle Developer – Asset Servicing (JR1012770)
- London, United Kingdom
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
We are looking for an experienced Oracle Developer to join our development team within the Asset Servicing Technology group. The ideal candidate will have very strong Oracle SQL / PLSQL, skills. and some exposure to C#, and Core Java. The candidate must demonstrate the experience and desire to become a core member of the development team and play a key role in the success of the project.
- This is an 100% hands-on role developer role working in a Agile environment
- Focus on the continued build-out of the firm’s strategic Asset Servicing platform into a commercial cloud-enabled product.
- Add new features as defined in the requirements document published by the product owner or business analyst.
- Enhance and maintain existing products, working to the company’s development standards.
- Mentor and train other members of the development team.
- Fix defects found by the Quality Assurance (QA) department. Fix critical defects found by client.
- Quality check and code review other team member’s code and specifications prior to release.
- Provide internal and external development support. Questions can arise from internal or external sources, you are required to provide a reasonable amount of support for all queries.
- Opportunity to work closely with technical and business partners across the globe.
- Responsible for application design, development and delivery and post-production support.
- Work will be focused on the following technology stack:
- Oracle 12c - SQL / PLSQL, XMLDB, Advanced Queues
- C# .Net, WPF and Winforms
- Apache CAMEL / Java
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Over 4 years of application development experience working with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions.
- Oracle 12c, PL/SQL, XMLDB, Advanced Queue, Database design, SQL performance tuning
- Hands on experience of Oracle based tools i.e. Toad/SQL Developer, SQL Loader, Import/Export Data Pump
- Ability to turn business requirements into technical stories.
- Experience of working in geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team play and collaborative skills
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Agile practitioner; Scrum, TDD, User Stories, Specification by Example etc.
- Strong working knowledge of GIT and JIRA.
- Exposure to cloud-enabled applications running within AWS
- Exposure to DevOps/CI/CD via Jenkins.
- Exposure to Windows Services, Web API, WPF MVVM architecture, NUnit, MS Build, IBM WebSphere MQ.
- Asset Servicing domain knowledge and a strong understanding of the corporate action lifecycle and end-to-end processing flows within an Investment Bank domain.
- Hands on development experience working with Core Java and Apache Camel.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail – someone who takes pride in delivering a high-quality robust product, providing multiple clients with business value, rather than focusing on R&D
- Enthusiastic approach to self-development
- Demonstrate a self-starting, can-do attitude
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Back to top