MarkLogic/Java Software Engineer (JR1007415)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
We are currently seeking a MarkLogic/Java Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will be part of a team responsible for building out next generation Trade Management and Wealth Management solutions.
- You will work closely with Delivery Managers, IT development, Architecture groups and Business teams, defining business functional requirements and translating them into technical specifications aligned with the architecture framework
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions to tackle complex, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications. Recommend solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on core architecture, technology strategies and standards. Balance technology and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both groups.
- Collaborate with the broader development team, tracking assignments and providing mentorship in the development of standard methodologies.
- Conduct code reviews and coordinate code deployment to QA, UAT & Production.
- Participate in all stages of software development lifecycle including design, development and testing of the system
- Work with the business analysts to understand the user requirements and come up with software solutions
- Implement system to efficiently consume thousands of transaction documents per second
- Co-ordinate with others in and outside the team for requirements and delivery
- 5+ years MarkLogic (preferable using version 8 or 9) or another NoSQL database platform development & architecture experience building 3-tier applications
- XML technologies such as XSLT, XPath, etc.
- Ability to architect and implement MarkLogic/NoSQL solutions from scratch including data modeling
- Working knowledge of Data Governance, best practices and design principles
- Ontology and Metadata management
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Experience in Agile Development practices and code management best practices
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Negotiation skills and ability to work in a complex, matrix environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience at dealing with clients/users at all levels, singly and in groups
- To understand the significance of fiscal constraints
- A deep understanding of software development life cycle and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems
- To work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, specific to a highly technical and customer-focused service environment.
- At least 2+ years of GO experience
- Understanding of streaming and micro service concepts
- Test-driven development (TDD) experience
- Experience with building applications for cloud
- Test harness using JMeter & Selenium
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Brokerage or financial industry experience
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”
Back to top