Manager of Quality Assurance (JR1012776)
- Deer Park, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring. We are looking for our next Manager of Quality Assurance to support our Investor Communications Product Development Group. This is a Full Time / Direct Hire role that will be based out of Deer Park, NY. Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work among a creative, growing and dynamic team? If so, please read below.
- You will lead the department in the area QA testing methodologies from entry to QA through Production implementation.
- You'll provide domain expertise in the QA discipline to define/improve the ICS QA process.
- You'll direct the daily management of 8-10 Broadridge QA associates and 12-14 off-shore associates. Direct responsibility for resource management and allocation of project assignments of the QA staff, ensuring their deployment on critical projects is on time. Assess internal and external dependencies.
- A hands-on manager who will participate in the creation, execution and tracking of Functional, UI, Integration, End to End and Regression Testing on Web-based, Client / Server Applications on Windows & Solaris/UNIX environments.
- Drive initiatives such as QA/UA testing strategy and plan creation, manual testing, integration testing, user journey automation, cross device/browser automation for web applications, or release sign-offs.
- Evangelize automation and assist other QA team members through mentorship, tutorials, and writing scripts to speed up their manual testing efforts
- Ability to develop detailed test plans, test scenarios and test scripts based on use cases, user stories, functional and technical design specifications, and business requirements
- You'll work independently to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, define problems, and resolve issues with limited supervision from senior management.
- Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
- You'll offer project management and oversight on project scope and testing strategy to ensure QA project work is met.
- You will collaborate with multi-functional teams across multiple locations to assist in road-map and planning for product delivery.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members, both domestic and on-shore.
- Act as a leader, coach, and mentor to cultivate QA professionals by embracing quality as a way of thinking.
- You'll have experience with SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Iteration, Agile in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
- Partner with IT Development Managers, Business Analysts, and Business PMO to facilitate effective communication, assess needs, understand requirements and priorities and implement solutions that meet client committed target dates.
- You will manage resources effectively, with regular communications, support, and appropriate feedback on both reward recognition and performance guidance.
- Analyze simple to complex requirements documents, design specifications and functional specifications with applicable Broadridge departments (e.g., IT, Client Services, Business PMO, etc.) as well as other key partners (sponsor, end customer, etc.).
- Able to develop, improve, and influence alignment to quality metrics and standards.
- Manage the Individual Development Plan process for all domestic QA associates as well as administering annual performance reviews
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 10+ years as a QA Best Practice professional. Experience in the pre carrying out Functional Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, End - End Testing & Regression Testing of Web-based, Client/Server Applications on Windows & Solaris / UNIX environments.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology in Financial Services strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of leadership experience.
- 5 + years of hands-on experience with Test Automation Framework development and Maintenance.
- Proficient knowledge in SQL, Data warehouse concepts, ETL tools (Informatica, Data stage), Reporting tools, HP ALM/JIRA, UNIX and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with Agile development tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of QA/UAT Automation tools; UFT, Selenium, SOAP UI Pro, SonarQube, Cucumber, API Fortress, Load Runner, Rest-Assured, Serenity.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a QA/QE organization and processes, solid understanding and working knowledge of CI/CD concepts with automated testing and software application deployment pipelines.
- Experience driving a team from manual QA to automated QA processes is desired.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills.
- Experience managing off-shore QA teams.
- Experience in SDLC Waterfall, Agile development, AWS cloud, and DevOps practices.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a corporate culture that emphasizes delivery, innovation, and timeliness.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other PM tools.
- ISTQB / ITIL Certification preferred. #LI-ME
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other protected status. "Our Associates Matter. Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Back to top