Manager of Application Development HT
Broadridge is hiring. We are looking for our next Manager of Application Development to provide vision and leadership for designing and implementing information technology initiatives that align with our mission. In this role, you will lead the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of the Company operations to improve cost-effectiveness, service quality, and mission development.
- You'll focus on functional, technical and implementation related aspects of the work products being produced.
- You will possess extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge to lead the workflow, budget, staff, output and overall standards and procedures of a substantial application development group.
- You'll manage and deliver application development projects through the application of comprehensive software development processes.
- You will stabilize areas' supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests (SERs), Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals.
- Run the client relationship, including expectations and customer happiness.
- You'll collaborate and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on a bold, but achievable timeline.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship on software development tools, technology and Agile development methodologies.
- You'll provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- Execute on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture. Ensure quality work consistently.
- You will utilize your technical leadership to resolve development and application issues performance levels and career development.
- Provide leadership in security remediation activities
- You'll have hands on experience with ability to mentor developers on implementing security remediation and secure programming practices
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge of the applications functional and non-functional requirements
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- B.S. in Computer Science / related field required (Master's Degree desirable).
- 10+ years within a programming and application system environment (.NET, C#, Cold Fusion/Java, Oracle, SQL, Greenplum, Informatica)
- 8+ years' of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization required
- Experience with leading the development of cloud-based applications and development of APIs, web services
- Dynamic leadership and ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- An attested progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager
- Solid understanding of the Agile software development cycle and development methodology.
- Hands on in software development and technical issues
- Self-motivated, great teammate, action-and-results oriented
- Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Well organized, solid communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- DICE_TA *LI-ME1
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top