Linux System Administrator (JR1016644)
- Toronto, Canada
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit Broadridge.com/.
- Maintain and manage ASP/SaaS-based production system, to ensure its availability, performance, scalability and security.
- Work closely with Production Operations team members, Infrastructure team members, Project Managers, Software Development and Business Analysts to ensure successful delivery for all projects.
- Responsible for general systems administration, including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, and urgent system patching.
- Deployment and management of systems in a virtualized environment.
- Write and implement scripts to automate tasks.
- Recommend architecture and process improvements.
- Ensure critical system security through the use of best in class security solutions.
- Work includes participation in a team on-call rotation for 24/7 support.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Team player: intra- and inter-departmental cooperation that fosters morale and productivity.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to understand the impact of decisions on other disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- A proactive, “service-first” attitude combined with ability to work independently on projects with tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- 3-5 years of experience in System Administration for Red Hat/CentOS/RPM-based Linux & AIX environments.
- 2+ years of experience in windows system administration.
- Experience with VMWare Virtual Machines, including in-depth experience in deep level support, administration, and performance tuning.
- Experience with Python, Perl, Korn/Bash, or powershell scripting.
- Solid understanding of J2EE Application servers like WebSphere, JBoss, or Class loader policies.
- Strong networking experience (TCP/IP, Apache, DNS) is considered an asset.
- Certificate implementation and management (SSL certificate).
- Knowledge of load balancing, firewalls, switches, routers, VPN, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, PXE.
- Experience with automated tools and software deployment, configuration management (Ansible) and system monitoring is a definite asset.
Back to top