Jr. Stationary Engineer
Broadridge is growing! We are actively recruiting for a Co-Generation Jr. Stationary Engineer for our El Dorado Hills facility. Are you seeking an opportunity to use your mechanical aptitude to and learn and grow with a dynamic organization? If so, we want to hear from you.
As our Jr. Stationary Engineer you'll operate, monitor, adjust, repair, maintain and control machinery used to generate electric power for a 4.2 MW Cogen facility. You'll conduct assigned maintenance and operational tasks in a safe and efficient manner on all plant equipment, including overhaul and repair, all routine greasing and servicing. You'll perform operations on large equipment including cooling towers, generators and electrical switch gear, natural gas and internal combustion engines, gas compressors, absorption and centrifugal chillers, air compressors, pollution control equipment, and other plant support equipment.
This role is in our Customer Communications Division, which offers a full range of multi-channel communications solutions, such as integrated print, mail and digital solutions for transactional, marketing and compliance communications.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Performing daily inspection rounds and monitoring of equipment, reading gauges and meters, recording activities in operational logs, making adjustments as necessary, and reporting any abnormal plant conditions.
- Regularly cleaning plant spaces and equipment; using hand and power tools, chain hoists and rigging gear, and measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers.
- Adhering to Company procedures and policies including: Lock-Out-Tag-Out, NFPA, 70E, start-up and shut-down procedures, plant and facility security, working aloft, PPE, man lift and industrial lift truck operation.
- Performing routine oil and oil filter changes and assisting with maintaining adequate parts and consumables inventories.
- Ensuring duties performed are within compliance of all local, State and Federal laws.
These skill sets are necessary to be successful in this role:
- A focus on continuous improvement and a willingness to make suggestions and be part of the solution.
- Self-starter who can troubleshoot and resolve, demonstrate initiative to go where the work is and be adaptable to the needs of the Company. Understanding of overall operation of equipment and their interrelations.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills; able to prioritize, multitask, manage multiple priorities and recognize the importance of deadlines.
- Analytical skills allowing you to gather information, draw valid conclusions, generate alternatives, reach and communicate solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn the use of: manually operated hoists (chain or cable), measuring tools (calipers, micrometers), man lifts, industrial lift truck operations, personal protective equipment (PPE), and standard metric tools and tool sizes.
- Associate's Degree, or certificate from a technical/trade school with major course work in power plant maintenance and operations,
- Or 4-years military or merchant marine service with experience in industrial power plant operations and repair/overhaul of plant equipment,
- Or 2-years of experience as an Industrial Power Plant Operator,
- Or a combination of schooling and training that satisfies the above criteria.
- Military/Navy or Merchant Marine experience (QMED, Pumpman, or Jr. Engineer) and knowledge of Ladder Logic, control systems, and PLCs is a plus
We also need you to be willing to work evenings, weekends and overtime as needed, provide on-call support for 2nd, 3rd, 4th shifts, and to travel for up to two weeks at a time. You need the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds over short distances, climb and work from ladders and heights using appropriate PPE. In order to perform this job safely and effectively you'll need to be able to distinguish colors and color codes as well as hear and distinguish alarm signals in an industrial environment.
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top