Java Software Engineer (JR1005588)
- Pittsburgh, PA
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring a Full Time/Direct Hire Java Engineer based out of the Pittsburgh office. In this mid-level role, you will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and maintaining Broadridge’s Distribution Insight platform. This is an outstanding opportunity to support an emerging product line within Broadridge. As we continue to invest in our Data and Analytics offering, you will have a direct impact on the expansion of one of our key growth initiatives.
For this role, you'll be self-motivated, detail oriented, and creative, with relevant experience developing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. You'll have the opportunity to be mentored and trained under one of our leaders who has been integral to our growth.
If you're passionate about technology and are looking to be a part of a growing and dynamic Fin Tech in Pittsburgh, we urge you to read below.
You'll be a proficient developer that rely on your technical expertise to deliver high-quality software solutions quickly and effectively in the Java (primarily), JS/Typescript, Oracle and Angular world.
- You'll develop, test, debug and implement code for existing and/or new applications and/or systems.
- You will provide technical expertise and leadership to more junior levels of the software engineering staff.
- You'll work with product line managers, business users, and other members of the team to understand software requirements and author code that satisfies those requirements.
- You'll work together with our customer support by analyzing and correcting reported problems in a timely manner.
- Produce high quality code developed using sound computer science principles
- You'll have strong interest in security development. Work with our security team to address security enhancements (Server and UI side - Java/.Net)
- You'll know the latest with developments in areas of technology that are relevant to the Distribution Insight products (e.g. Java/J2EE/Spring, application servers, relational databases, web development, source control tools, testing tools, bug tracking tools, and so on).
- You will emphasize the practice of unit testing in all development work along with Documentation.
- Stays informed of/follows all relevant Broadridge policies to ensure the security and privacy of data.
Day to Day
· You'll participate daily standup meetings, design sessions and code reviews
· Perform coding following the best software engineering principles
· Develop automated unit and integration tests.
· Document software design and code (Java/Spring, JS/TypeScript, Linux).
· Monitor the codebase for problematic or unexpected changes and for conformance to development guidelines (Jenkins, Bamboo and Stash/GIT).
· You'll deliver accurate efforts, estimates for assigned development tasks, and review estimates for tasks assigned to others (JIRA).
· Work with the QA team to help them diagnose possible bugs, and to advise them about testing requirements associated with new code changes made (JIRA).
· Regularly mentor junior developers emphasizing: Java and Oracle standard methodologies, the importance of unit testing among others.
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by being willing to tackle any development task required.
- You'll possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years experience in the following:
- Experience developing enterprise-class database driven applications using Java and JDBC (or .NET and ODBC).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with various methodologies, design patterns, refactoring techniques, and development standard methodologies.
- Familiarity with test driven development concepts and experience writing unit tests.
- Web application development experience is required and familiarity with modern web development technologies is highly preferred.
- Enjoys working in a highly effective, deadline driven, and fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates creative problem skills, dedication to excellence, and has an ambitious spirit.
- Full SDLC development methodologies including SCRUM/Agile is nice to have #LI-ME1
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to BRcareers@broadridge.com
Back to top