Head of Platform Engineering-GTO
- New York, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Our Global Technology and Operations (GTO) business has embarked on a major transformation of its technology platforms to deliver modern global financial solutions to our clients across Capital Markets, Wealth Management, and Asset Management.
We are looking for a business-minded, technically oriented leader who has the energy, edge, and execution mindset to drive our technology transformation.
As the Head of Platform Engineering, you will be at the heart of reimagining our IT. You will drive the vision behind a best-in-class platform that powers not only our business but the business of our customers. You will lead GTO’s move to the cloud, drive modern tooling and automation into our platform, and lead a team of high-performing site reliability engineers (SREs) focused on building quality into everything we do.
You will report to the Chief Operating Officer of GTO, who has global responsibility for ensuring IT effectively delivers technical strategies, roadmaps, and solutions that unlock value for our customers. You will collaborate closely with the Chief Architect of GTO and the Heads of Portfolio Development to engineer fully integrated solutions that make our technology vision a reality.
The global financial services industry runs through Broadridge. Come be a part of “Ready for Next”.
- Design and deliver a best-in-class technical infrastructure that efficiently supports the performance, scalability, and stability requirements of GTO’s business
- Lead GTO’s Cloud Engineering practice
- Drive the implementation and operation of common technical frameworks (logging, alerting, monitoring, messaging, API Gateway, UI/UX containers)
- Manage GTO’s DevOps Infrastructure
- Provide thought leadership to the enterprise on key industry and technology trends
- Leverage rapid prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and MVP design to solve complex engineering challenges
- Define and execute the technical strategic roadmap for new technologies and architectures including end-to-end implementations
- Maintain a strong focus on Developer enablement, providing a best-in-class experience that increases developer satisfaction and productivity
- Drive the implementation and operation of code quality tooling and processes across GTO
- Ensure that GTO’s global platforms operate safely, soundly, and efficiently 24x7
- Lead GTO’s new Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) function, driving GTO’s evolution toward a highly automated, highly stable, and highly scalable engineering function
- Partner with Development Leadership and the Chief Architect to engineer best-in-class solutions that meet the needs of the business and our customers
- Establish and consult on best practices and standard operating procedures for development, deployment, support, break-fix, and systems management
- Manage GTO’s real-time data platforms
- Manage connectivity of GTO’s platform to customers’ systems and industry utilities
- Drive standardization of the technical stack across domains
- Develop and maintain metrics and measurement to drive continuous improvement and platform efficiency
- Lead root cause analysis on platform-level issues
- Lead continuous resiliency and business continuity planning efforts
- Provide governance of Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) across the platform
- Provide support for regulatory, audit, and general governance functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of experience in a software development environment, preferably at a Fintech firm
- 10+ years of experience in managing large scale engineering teams, organizational budgets and vendor relationships
- Deep practitioner of Agile and Lean Start-Up methodologies
- Strong client service orientation with ability to bring a customer-centric perspective to all situations
- Execution focused executive with a “get things done” attitude
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset
- Demonstrated capability as a lifecycle problem solver (idea -> implementation)
- Ability to drive transformation of platforms, processes, and people
- Strong engineering leader who can roll-up their sleeves when necessary
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to senior executives and customers
- Skilled at collaborating and comfortable navigating at any level of the organization
- Ability to build, maintain, and grow high-performing architecture teams globally
- Strong belief in servant leadership
- Ability to cultivate a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion
- Excellent knowledge of IT strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps
- Prior experience leading a software organization through transformation in a large enterprise environment
- Demonstrated management experience in leading software architecture and engineering teams; ability to coach and mentor architecture resources and effectively manage and shape team and individual behaviors
- Adept at developing a budget, managing financial oversight, and leading a team through a budgeting process
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance
- Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the enterprise
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Must be solution-oriented and business minded with significant practical experience in building, delivering, and supporting IT systems
- Experienced with evaluating emerging technologies and recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage within the tech stack
- Experienced with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, POCs, and MVPs that contribute to organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices and organizational constructs
- Demonstrated capability across all levels of the stack (network to application)
- Skilled in engineering for service-based and event-driven architectures
- Experienced in resiliency engineering and disaster recovery planning
- Hands-on experience in cloud engineering and cloud-native design
- Knowledge of service-oriented and event-driven architectures
- Extensive understanding of streaming messaging frameworks
- Well-versed in API development and management
- Demonstrated ability building highly performant and robust technology solutions
- Strong understanding of modern data modeling and data architecture practices
- Experienced in modern UI/UX design practices and principles
- Experienced in container and container management
- Experienced with industry standard programming languages, operating systems, application development frameworks, monitoring tools, and CI/CT/CD tools
- Knows what good code looks like
- Deep understanding of non-functional requirements and their importance to solution design.
- Experience with both traditional RDMBS and No-SQL databases.
- Understanding of AI/ML and integrating data science models real-time into operational systems.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”
Back to top