German Market Specialist
As part of the Global Market Operations team you will be responsible for sourcing meetings from the local gazette in the German market, coding German meetings and submitting client votes direct to the key registrars in a timely and accurate manner. This role will require the use of proprietary and various market systems to complete the daily tasks. The job involves resolving day to day queries which may arise around meeting set up, changes to clients voting positions as well as liaising with local sub-custodians and registrars. Good communication skills working with the various stakeholders in the vote processing chain are essential, as is the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- The primary function of this role is to source, code and execute voting in the German market. This involves:
- Monitoring meeting announcements through official Gazettes and exchanges in various markets
- Coding German Agendas on to our platform
- Data entry on sourcing spreadsheets and tracking, oversight
- Manual creation of physical proxy cards for Germany (DMS) Direct Market Solution
- Database management for vote processing in Germany.
- Ensuring proxy voting deadlines are monitored and adhered to whilst ensuring accuracy rates are maintained.
- Investigation and resolution of client enquiries within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Completion of Meeting Attendance documentation
- Keeping up to date with new EU market practices and wider Global Market legislative developments
- Monitoring of E-mails to ensure client enquiries are responded to and resolved within agreed service levels
- May perform other duties/responsibilities as needed or assigned assisting all European and Global Market.
- Educated to A level standard or above
- Financial service qualification is desired but not essential
- Key German / English / Other European Language (preferably Dutch or Italian) required at professional business level.
- Demonstrate a passion for customer service and client focused
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Intermediate excel and computer skills essential, working knowledge of Microsoft office software required
- Attention to detail and results focused
- Ability to collaborate with other teams and external suppliers, someone with strong business communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines during season peak periods
A task focused, well organized individual who has strong German and other European language skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines under minimal supervision after training. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn on the job and can demonstrate a positive 'can do' mentality. Exposure to brokerage, proxy or financial business operations would be preferred but not essential.
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top