Financial Data Analyst Intern
In today's highly competitive financial environment, the financial services industry is faced with significant challenges including -- client retention, transparency, operational efficiency, regulatory change, and emerging digital strategies. Accessing the most up-to-date information is crucial to the success and development of this industry. AccessData, a Broadridge company, offers data-driven solutions on a leading-edge platform for mutual fund manufacturers and distributors to drive business growth, maximize operational efficiency, and manage risk.
Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?
Broadridge is currently seeking a sharp, business-minded student intern with data analysis and research skills to join our AccessData team in Pittsburgh, PA. The Financial Data Analyst Intern responsibilities include:
- Data cleanse financial records using the SalesVision platform and Informatica Data Director Tool for Mutual Fund and Defined Contribution (DCIO) clients.
- Research incomplete broker/dealer and financial advisor information by determining the correct firm, office, and representative information tied to a particular trade.
- Become accustomed to various client file feeds and determining the most efficient way to steward records
- Understand how dealers, branches, and rep codes correspond to firms, offices, and persons
- Apply knowledge of how prominent intermediaries (i.e. Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Raymond James, Edward Jones, and JP Morgan) transact with mutual funds
- Leverage internal and external resources including Raw Source Data, Rep Lists, Branch Lists, FINRA, IAPD, Google and our Master Data Repository (MDR) in order to accurately steward records
- Analyze data for our Retirement Intelligence product which provides clients with a unique predictive analytics tool to identify advisors specializing in retirement.
- Generate audits, review results, and resolve financial data integrity issues.
- Adhere to high quality and productivity standards, while providing stellar client care.
- Work with other interns and associates to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Must be a currently enrolled student seeking a degree in the financial industry, preferably: Business Information Systems, Information Science, Finance, Data Analytics, Accounting, Economics or Business Management.
- Must have completed their freshman year
- GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Must be organized and able to work well with constant priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
The AccessData office provides team members a place to work in a comfortable, relaxing environment that inspires creativity and collaboration. We value all of our interns and take extra steps to ensure that you receive a learning experience fitting your career goals. That's only one of the reasons AccessData was ranked as one of the 90 best companies to work for in Pittsburgh by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for their 2016 "Top Workplaces" list. So, what are the PERKS of interning with AccessData?
- Flexible 20 hours per week around your school schedule during the academic year
- Receive a competitive hourly wage and potential for educational credit
- On-site Keurig coffee and beverages
- Within walking distance to local universities; conveniently located along bus and trolley lines
- We don't believe that productivity comes from wearing a three-piece suit. We want our team members to be relaxed and comfortable. Therefore, AccessData has adopted a business casual dress code.
- Discover AccessData's various product offerings by participating in "lunch-and-learn" sessions
- Networking opportunities with department leaders, gain real-world experience, and keep up with the financial industry
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top