Director, US Payroll
Broadridge is hiring a Director of US Payroll to direct and lead the US Payroll operations for over 6,000 associates and a $2M budget. You will ensure payroll operations run efficiently and cost effectively. In addition, you will partner with HR Shared Services leaders, as well as other Corporate Shared Services groups, to maintain compliance with payroll legislation, tax compliance, and continually improve and streamline processing and auditing. This position reports to VP, HR Shared Services.
- Develop the overall payroll strategy, partnering with the VP, HR Shared Services and other HR Shared Services leaders, focusing on both the client and the costs. Focus on strategic themes of client centric (one stop shop), continuous improvement, simplification, and automation.
- Manage day to day operations of the Payroll team, including payroll processing, data accuracy, support of the call center inquiries, and legislative payroll, finance, tax, and treasury compliance. When errors or issues arise, it is critical that the VPPS conduct a root-cause-analysis, identify the factors that led to the issue, and take steps to eliminate or mitigate those occurrences of those factors.
- Manage vendor relationships as an extension of the team. Partner with VP, HRSS and Procurement to negotiate contract renewals producing the best results with the lowest possible costs.
- Develop and evaluate measurements and metrics to gauge effectiveness of the processes and systems. Ensure SLAs are adhered to and create plans to address trends and issues.
- Establish a high performing team and lead a culture of accountability that ensures delivery of timely, quality services and meets Service Level Agreements. Plan and manage workforce planning, schedules, headcount and structure. Recommend team structure and budget requirements. Monitor quality and timeliness of work and provide constructive and timely feedback.
- Lead compliance efforts through SOX, Corporate Audits, and external audits.
- Lead the due diligence on M&A deals. Identify issues and implement solutions by working directly with the HR team, the deal team, and our outsourced/vendor partners. Lead the team delivery project plan to ensure accurate programming and data and quick resolution of issues. Coordinate and deliver transition services for all operational services and training and communication.
- May perform other duties/responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Travel may be required approximately 10% domestically for purposes of training, meetings, and/or working sessions).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 10+ years of Payroll experience, of which at least 5 are leading a Payroll function
- Expert knowledge of US payroll laws and other legal requirements related to administration
- Certified Payroll Professional certification required
- Experience setting strategy, focusing on costs and process efficiency
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, on time and on budget
- Ability to manage multiple vendors, contracts, SLAs, and open issues log
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential material
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to have a positive and productive interaction with senior management
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multiple priorities #LI-AS1
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top