Director, Deep Learning Data Architecture
Director, Deep Learning Data Architecture
Broadridge Advisor Solutions is the fast-growing Marketing Technology business unit of Broadridge, one of the world’s largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We’re looking for a gifted Data Architect to join our Boston-based product development team, building one of our most ground breaking products yet. A position on this team offers a team oriented startup culture, with the resources and stability of an established player along with the ability to work on new and emerging technologies.
You’ll will be joining a core team who has one purpose: the development and launch of this new suite of software products and tools that enable our enterprise clients to turn data into insights and client engagement. The development of these solutions is a critical initiative, backed by significant investment and is highly visible across the organization. We are guided by the belief that people are our greatest asset and are committed to attracting the best talent.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for providing expertise and hands on leadership in the design and development of a modern big data engine that will serve as the backbone for our new deep learning products. This includes sourcing into a data reservoir, managing complex access controls and encryption methodologies, developing ETL processes, integrating modern end-user software, and streamlining data consumption by data scientists, reporting teams and operational applications. We’ll rely on your proven track record in data architecture and data management principles as well as artificial intelligence and deep-learning technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and develop highly scalable and optimized data models using modeling software to document and maintain versions to support Data Marts, Cubes, Data Warehouse, and Operational Data Stores (ODS).
- Perform source system analysis and meet with business leads to create appropriate requirement definition artifacts.
- Serve as a key voice in selection of technologies, equipment, and vendors.
- Develop, adapt and map general machine learning algorithms based on requirements of our software
- Invent new models that combine unsupervised and supervised learning with the kind of creativity usually reserved during novel computing paradigm creation
- Design and develop data quality rules for Data Warehouse and Data Mart solutions to ensure data integrity levels are met.
- Research new database and machine learning technologies and recommend solutions in order to meet requirements and long term performance scalability, & storage needs
- Develop data standards in terms of nomenclature, storage, design and deployments.
- Maintain the end-to-end vision of the data flow diagram and develop logical data models into one or more physical data repositories
- Document logical data integration (ETL) strategies for data flows between disparate source/target systems for structured and unstructured data into common data reservoir and the enterprise information repositories
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage corporate risk
- Train, lead, and mentor staff that may include database engineers and DBAs.
- Design logical and physical database architecture for DEV, Test, Stage and Prod environments.
- DICE_TA *LI-PH1 *TM_01
- Deep passion and fundamental understanding of design, algorithms, and data structures in modern and sub-modern machine learning and AI fields
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of neural networks and all common general algorithms
- Extensive experience and accomplishment are recommended but are not an absolute requirement. Master’s or PhD, or equivalent knowledge in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields (statistics, applied math, computational neuroscience)
- 10+ years of hands on experience in Data Management/Data Architecture/Application architecture/Data Development.
- Experience in high availability SaaS commercial software products is a must
- 5+ years of experience working with modern big data systems for data management, data architecture, security and access controls
- Experience managing data transformations using machine learning libraries
- Experience selecting and implementing the database components of a brand new technology stack
- Wide and extensive expertise in data technologies; i.e., data warehousing, ETL, MDM, DQ, BI and analytical tools. Extensive experience in metadata management and data quality processes
- Hands-on experience with dimensional modeling techniques and creation of logical and physical data models (entity relationship modeling, Erwin diagrams, etc.)
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience designing highly scalable production databases in the cloud (AWS/Azure) is preferred
- Experience with a variety of relational databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Azure Table Storage, Azure Blog Storage or Amazon S3.
- Knowledge of Data Matching, Data Monitoring, Data Enrichment & Data Standardization
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of where gaps in governance and integration capabilities may lie
- Some knowledge of current frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, etc.
- Driven and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence in everything they do.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, multi-year business relationships with peers and customer
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fin-tech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, high performance, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses… Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Feel free to reach us at: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top