Director, Applications Architect
Director, Application Architecture
Broadridge Advisor Solutions is the fast-growing Marketing Technology business unit of Broadridge, one of the world’s largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We’re looking for a gifted Application Architect to join our Boston-based product development team, building one of our most ground breaking products yet. A position on this team offers a team oriented startup culture, with the resources and stability of an established player along with the ability to work on new and emerging technologies.
You’ll will be joining a core team who has one purpose: the development and launch of this new suite of software products and tools that enable our enterprise clients to turn data into insights and client engagement. The development of this new suite of solutions is a critical initiative for the firm, backed by significant investment and is highly visible across the organization. We are guided by the belief that people are our greatest asset and are committed to attracting the best talent.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for the design of the software architecture from the bare metal as well as overseeing the development, configuration, customization, unit testing, and maintenance services. You will provide overall application design including interfaces with external applications and systems. As one of the “founding” team members, you will help recruit additional members of the software development group. You’ll collaborate with other experts across IT, Data, Product Management as well as external leaders in a variety of technology areas including data science and deep learning.
- Critically evaluate and translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise software architecture, which guides software development and consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- Design and deliver robust, scalable and secure products that reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability of a cloud infrastructure
- Enforce engineering methodology, review engineering design packages and code, driving to minimize technical exposure and risks on projects.
- Set direction, build consensus, mediate conflicts, and create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants.
- Evangelize excellence in application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards
- Maintain a keen awareness and curiosity of new / emerging technologies and their potential application to service offerings.
- Understand that the architectural vision for the enterprise transcends the scope and lifespan of any individual project or effort.
- Collaborate with other architects and developers on detailed software design
- Participate in enhancement and of the code framework and standards to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of products/features.
- Promote modern principles for product/feature development (DevOps, CD/CI, Agile/Scrum, test-driven development, object oriented design, coding standards, etc)
- Assess and implement new software development tools and processes to enhance product/feature development efficiency including continuous integration principles
- DICE_TA *LI-PH1 *TM_01
- Proven track record in evangelizing and implementing modern architectures based on open source and commercial software.
- BS in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering; Masters Degree in related field preferred.
- 10+ years of an application programming and/or Hands-on technical application architecture experience
- Significant experience using cloud architecture(s) for the enablement of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Experience in full life cycle architectural guidance
- Exposure to Container based technologies is a plus
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Experience as a lead-level technologist, mentor, or manager of staff.
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of where gaps in governance and integration capabilities may lie
- Experience with mobile, api driven development is a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including hypervisors, and virtual machines
- Excellent social and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding attitude and energy
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fin-tech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, high performance, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses… Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Feel free to reach us at: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top