Broadridge is Hiring! We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Delivery / Development Manager to work remotely on contract basis. The Delivery Manager will be responsible for day-to-day software development and the management of our team of Developers who work within the region. With proven practical experience across several development methodologies, our Development Manager will be dynamic, self-motivated and keen to work in a small, quality team where they can make a difference. The ability to serve as a System Architect and Scrum Masters when necessary would also be advantageous. This role reports to the Global Delivery Manager and has a team of up to 4 direct reports. The Development Manager is accountable for driving, managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver the application delivery for large scale client engagements.
- Manage and provide leadership to the application team and hold the owners to account for their delivery commitments and quality
- Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Ensure adequate process control
- Collaborate with the Client Program Manager and Global Delivery team to agree scope and schedule for delivery of application deliverables
- Collaborate with Product Management in understanding the detailed requirements capture process and plan for the scheduling of these inputs into the application delivery plan
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the team as well as conduct reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring KPI's and SLA's are met.
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches
- Help grow the development practice
- Work collaboratively and positively to assess and overcome issues with deliveries and/or stakeholder expectations (both internal and external stakeholders)
- Recognition of improvement areas through the SDLC process and proposal of initiatives to improve quality, nimbleness, time to market and cost
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of team lead experience in a software development
- A record of successful delivery of software
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Experience with multiple standard SDLC processes, particularly Agile Scrum or similar
- High command of verbal and written English.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Outstanding technical background in software delivery coupled with excellent leadership, communication and management skills.
- Experience of managing an Agile team.
- Experience of managing front end and back end software engineers
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality