In today’s highly competitive financial environment, the financial services industry is faced with significant challenges including — client retention, transparency, operational efficiency, regulatory change, and emerging digital strategies. Accessing the most up-to-date information is crucial to the success and development of this industry. AccessData, a Broadridge company, offers data-driven solutions on a leading-edge platform for mutual fund manufacturers and distributors to drive business growth, maximize operational efficiency, and manage risk.
Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?
Broadridge is currently seeking a sharp, business-minded student intern with data analysis and research skills to join our AccessData team in Pittsburgh, PA. The Financial Data Analyst Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the daily financial data for Mutual Fund and Defined Contribution (DCIO) clients on our SalesVision platform
- Adhering to quality and productivity standards, while providing stellar client care
- Researching and correcting incomplete broker/dealer and financial advisor information by determining the correct firm, office, and representative information tied to a particular trade.
- o Becoming accustomed to various client file feeds and determining the most efficient way to steward exceptions
- o Understanding how dealers, branches, and rep codes associate to their corresponding firms, offices, and persons
- o Understanding and applying knowledge of how prominent intermediaries (i.e. Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Raymond James, Pershing, Edward Jones, and JP Morgan) transact with mutual funds
- o Leveraging resources internal to SalesVision as well as external resources including Rep Lists, Branch Lists, FINRA, IAPD, Google and our Master Data Repository (MDR) in order to accurately steward exceptions
- Generating audits, review/analyze results, and resolving financial data integrity issues
- Working with other interns and associates to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Performing other projects that help to improve daily workflow within AccessData
- Must be a currently enrolled student seeking a degree in the financial industry, preferably: Business Information Systems, Information Science, Finance, Data Analytics, Accounting, Economics or Business Management.
- Must have completed their freshman year
- GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Must be organized and able to work well with constant priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
The AccessData office provides team members a place to work in a comfortable, relaxing environment that inspires creativity and collaboration. We value all of our interns and take extra steps to ensure that you receive a learning experience fitting your career goals. So, what are the PERKS of interning with AccessData?
- Flexible 20 hours per week around your school schedule during the academic year
- Receive a competitive hourly wage and potential for educational credit
- Complementary Keurig coffee and beverages
- Within walking distance to local universities; conveniently located along bus and trolley lines
- We don’t believe that productivity comes from wearing a three-piece suit. We want our team members to be relaxed and comfortable. Therefore, AccessData has adopted a business causal dress code.
- Discover AccessData’s various product offerings by participating in “lunch-and-learn” sessions
- Opportunity to network with department leaders, gain real-world experience, and keep up with the financial industry
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top