- New York, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Our Global Technology and Operations (GTO) business has embarked on a major transformation of its technology platforms to deliver modern global financial solutions to our clients across Capital Markets, Wealth Management, and Asset Management.
We are looking for a business-minded, technically oriented leader who has the energy, edge, and execution capability to drive our technology transformation.
As the Chief Architect, you will define the technology blueprint for the future of our business. You understand that the value of IT lies in enabling our business strategy and you will create technology designs and roadmaps that make the strategy a reality. You will be a catalyst for change – someone who is able to take leading edge technology concepts and apply them to the problems of today. You will be our Chief Technology Educator – someone who makes us all better.
You will report to the Chief Operating Officer of GTO, who has global responsibility for ensuring IT effectively delivers technical strategies, roadmaps, and solutions that unlock value for our customers. You will collaborate closely with the Head of Platform Engineering and the Heads of Portfolio Development to engineer fully integrated solutions that make our technology vision a reality.
The global financial services industry runs through Broadridge. Come be a part of “Ready for Next”.
- Own and lead our technology architecture vision and strategy across a globally distributed engineering team to deliver best in class software solutions for our Equities, Fixed Income, Asset Management, and Wealth Management businesses
- Develop and implement a robust and achievable roadmap that transitions the platform to target state
- Partner with Product Leadership, Development Leadership, and the Head of Platform Engineering to architect best-in-class solutions that meet the needs of the business and our customers
- Develop implementable architecture blueprints and patterns that align with best-in-class design principles
- Promote the development of reusable frameworks to help accelerate the time to market for new business capabilities
- Provide thought leadership to the enterprise on key industry and technology trends
- Oversee GTO’s Innovation Lab and cultivate proof-of-concepts, prototypes, and experiments that advance organizational learning and drive development of new capabilities
- Provide technical due diligence on new acquisitions
- Develop and promote architecture best practices and guidelines
- Lead GTO’s architecture governance function
- Establish and govern code quality and code improvement initiatives
- Stay current on new and emerging trends in cloud computing and evaluate their potential and adoption criteria for Broadridge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of experience in a software development environment, preferably at a Fintech firm
- 10+ years of experience in managing large scale engineering teams, organizational budgets, and vendor relationships
- Deep practitioner of Agile and Lean Start-Up methodologies
- Strong client service orientation with ability to bring a customer-centric perspective to all situations
- Execution focused executive with a “get things done” attitude
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset
- Demonstrated capability as a lifecycle problem solver (idea -> implementation)
- Ability to drive transformation of platforms, processes, and people
- Strong engineering leader who can roll-up their sleeves when necessary
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to senior executives and customers
- Skilled at collaborating and comfortable navigating at any level of the organization
- Ability to build, maintain, and grow high-performing architecture teams globally
- Strong belief in servant leadership.
- Ability to cultivate a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion
- Excellent knowledge of IT strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps
- Prior experience leading a software organization through transformation in a large enterprise environment
- Demonstrated management experience in leading software architecture and engineering teams; ability to coach and mentor architecture resources and effectively manage and shape team and individual behaviors
- Adept at developing a budget, managing financial oversight, and leading a team through a budgeting process
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance
- Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the enterprise
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Must be solution-oriented and business minded with significant practical experience in building, delivering, and supporting IT systems in the evolution to becoming an architect
- Experienced with evaluating emerging technologies and recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage within the tech stack
- Experienced with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, POCs, and MVPs that contribute to organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Deep knowledge of service-oriented and event-driven architectures
- Hands-on experience in cloud engineering and cloud-native design
- Extensive understanding of streaming messaging frameworks
- Well-versed in API development and management
- Demonstrated ability building highly performant and robust technology solutions
- Strong understanding of modern data modeling and data architecture practices
- Experienced in modern UI/UX design practices and principles
- Experienced in container and container management
- Experienced with industry standard programming languages, operating systems, application development frameworks, monitoring tools, and CI/CT/CD tools
- Knows what good code looks like
- Deep understanding of non-functional requirements and their importance to solution design
- Experience with both traditional RDMBS and No-SQL databases
- Understanding of AI/ML and integrating data science models real-time into operational systems
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”
Back to top