Business Analyst - CONTRACT
The MarCom team is seeking a proficient Business Analyst Consultant to asssit with a strategic project. You should be a dynamic individual who takes pride and ownership of their work and can thrive in a team environment.
The responsibilities of the Business Analyst include:
- Working with the business team, define the business requirements, assuring the realization of business benefits and supporting the business process.
- Balance technology and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with experts.
- Conduct analysis of business issues and challenges.
- Identify organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflow.
- Translate business requirements into appropriate Functional specifications.
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions to solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications.
- Recommend technology solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on the core systems, technology strategies and standards.
- Facilitate group meetings such as workshops.
- Work with end-users to define and execute test scenarios and ensure appropriate end user training.
- Perform analysis of requests for system development / maintenance and figure out the most effective approach.
- Work with product management, clients and the user community to define business requirements as needed.
- Work with the product management, user community, various technical groups (on and off shore) and vendors in the development of functional and technical specifications.
- Working closely with the development team, develop project and program documentation and specifications including Functional and Technical Requirements documentation.
- Develop project plans, which will be used to track the progress of a project.
- Develop project target landmarks and completion dates and adhere to an agreed upon schedule.
- Assist in the design of test plans for new or modified programs to ensure their quality, efficiency, integrity and consistency to specifications.
- Participate in feasibility study, conceptual design and/or system presentation as required.
- Work with clients as needed and coordinate major development projects effectively define and control project tasks, personnel assignments and target dates for each task.
- Assist in the preparation for implementation and alignment to standards and procedures for application installs.
- You can maintain appropriate project documentation, timely communication of project statuses and are responsive to all production problems assigned.
You demonstrate experience in the following skills:
- Solid project management and organizational abilities
- Facilitation and issue resolution
- Negotiation skills and ability to work in a complex, matrix environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience at dealing with clients/users and technology teams/vendors
- Understanding the significance of fiscal constraints
- Excellent understanding of system development life cycle and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, specific to highly technical and customer focused service environment.
- MS Office and MS Project
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Familiarity with PMI methodology (PMP certification is not required).
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top