Associate Software Engineer (Server/Batch)
- Toronto, Canada
At Broadridge, we are driven by the success of each of our 10,000+ associates. We are committed to building a diverse team at all levels, and we look for candidates who are innovative, client-focused, and excited to move forward. That's why we've created a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to achieve more. If you're passionate about developing your career, while helping others along the way, come join us and be part of the Broadridge team.
In this role, the Associate Software Engineer will be joining our Server/Batch team and is responsible to ensure that our software development meets stated functional requirements and has the highest quality prior to deliver to our clients. The Associate Software Engineer will be involved in all aspects of the software development cycle which will enhanceRPM'sR•SUITEof wealth solutions and ourclient'sexperience.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Coding of enterprise wealth management software
- Work with technical architects and senior software developers to define and document solutions
- Effectively collaborate with business analysts, quality assurance analysts, andDBA'sthroughout the software development life cycle
- Review, test and document software functionality
- Analyze, debug and resolve defects and/or production issues
- Meet deadlines and complete development solutions with quality
- Developers are expected to be team players:intra- and inter-department co operation fosters morale and productivity
- Developers are expected to be proactive about the development of their business knowledge, including understanding fundamental concepts ofBroadridgeRPM'ssystems like including, but not limited to, clients, plan accounts, investments, order entry, order fulfillment and settlement, and taxation.
- Developers are encouraged to develop these skills through training with other developers, both one on one and in group environments, and training on test environments, as well as through courses likeIFIC.
- University or College Degree in Computer/Software engineering or a related discipline
- 1-2 years of software development experience
- Comprehensive knowledge or experience of the following technologies: Java,SQL,PL/SQL
- Knowledge or familiarity with Oracle performance tuning is an asset
- Interest or experience developing financial applications, preferably within the Wealth Management industry, such as banking, mutual funds (record keeping or distribution) and/or securities
- A proactive, "service-first" attitude combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects, with tight deadlines, under minimal supervision
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices. As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how virtual interviews will be held throughout the recruitment process, and they will be able to answer any questions you might have.
We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
At this time the role will start as full-time remote, as all of our associates are working from home. You should have a basic home office set up, high-speed internet, and the ability to work without distractions during core business hours. When everyone is able to return to the office this role will be hybrid, offering the right balance of virtual working and on-site activities (based out of our British Columbia or Ontario office location) for associates and clients as per the specific requirements of each role.
Accessibility & Accommodation
Broadridgeis an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace ensuring that equal employment opportunities are provided to all individuals, regardless of race,colour, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, age, disability, religious affiliation, or national origin or citizenship. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please notify our recruitment team.
Back to top