Account Manager - Intermediary Services
JOB TITLE: Account Manager — Intermediary Services (12-Month Contract)
DEPARTMENT: Intemediary Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, BBD Client Management
LOCATIONS: Mississauga (Markham starting June 2017)
JOB PURPOSE: Establishes, builds, and maintains positive and productive long-term relationships with intermediary clients.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for relationship management of intermediary clients.
- Research and respond in a timely manner, with regards to clients’ needs and interests.
- Understand proxy meeting and market complexities, and act as a subject matter expert on how Broadridge systems and procedures are used to deliver these services for clients.
- Provide training to clients on Broadridge systems and procedures, and ensure client understanding.
- Coordinate client meetings, account reviews, and user groups on- and off-site to build stronger business relationships.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments, production, and systems, to meet and exceed client needs and act as a client advocate.
- Support testing and implementation of system enhancements.
- Client Administration tasks:
- Maintain accurate client profiles, in order to better understand client business needs.
- Coordinate new client conversions, establish client records and files, and notify other departments of the new client; and coordinate existing client testing activities, as applicable.
- Submit requests for client logo installation on all system-produced forms.
- Monitor client logo files to ensure additions, deletions, and changes are updated.
- Notify clients about special provisions on mailing jobs (solicitation fees, changes in record dates, and special voting instructions via Alert Bulletins).
- Provide clients with various system-generated reports for securities holding meetings or consent solicitations.
- Process exception coding for specific clients’ accounts, to effect mail suppression and money manager consolidation.
- Request reprint of Voting Instruction Forms for clients, as required.
- With client written authorization, adjust client records to add, change, or delete accounts.
- Receive Process Control vote rejects that require verification or authorization from clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overtime is required during Proxy season and other peak times in the year.
Education: University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
Tools: Windows environment. All necessary advanced technological tools are provided.
Exposure to database systems is an asset. Proxy Plus and MUSIC (Broadridge systems). ICS Online.
Yrs. of Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in the financial industry (Mutual Funds, Bank, or Securities industry), preferably with experience in account management and brokerage back office functions relating to proxy communications and/or corporate actions. Experienced in maintaining high client satisfaction results and overall client advocacy.
Communication Skills: Strong written, verbal, and client management skills are critical. Able to work in a cross-functional environment.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check, including a criminal and credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top