WW Field User Experience and Assessments Lead
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Purpose/Objective of the job
Serve as the owner of a Worldwide Field Capability that brings together appropriate processes, technologies and skills/behaviors/best practices. Partner with IT, Business Architecture, BI&A, market stakeholders, and Market Engagement Partners to ensure appropriate implementation, sustained pull-through, and ongoing health of global capabilities at the market level.
This capability drives the capture of field-obtained input/ feedback through a host of different approaches (e.g. surveys on technology interfaces, forums, user experience assessments and benchmarks against other Pharma). These approaches complement other market research obtained by other BMS departments (e.g BI&A). It enables BMS to identify areas of strength and improvements, strategies and priority tactics to continually excel in engagement planning, field execution, and in-field experience for both Commercial and Medical. It provides a 360° perspective on field excellence and experience, due to best-in-class and harmonized methodologies to prioritize, capture, and leverage data to enhance field user experience and field input/feedback. It optimizes field engagement effectiveness to drive Brand performance more efficiently and will improve field teams' user experiences with different BMS field processes and tools.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties (estimated % time allocation)
Strategy and Business Partnering
- Partners with and influences WW, market, and functional leaders and stakeholders to understand organizational field needs and drive organizational buy-in and engagement
- Works closely with relevant key stakeholders to drive towards an Enterprise Mindset, aligned to the strategy, for their assigned Global Field Capability
- Defines a Global Field Capability strategy (goals & objectives), reflecting the Global Field Capabilities Strategy that integrates business architecture and design thinking principles to define the current and future Global Field Capability requirements to support a differentiated field model and a global customer experience framework
- Provides input into an Annual Capabilities Planning Process, organized by the WW Field Capabilities Lead, working closely with IT (Plan, Build, and Run), BI&A, and Market Engagement Partners to understand and prioritize needs of the Global Field Capability, propose potential solutions, and determine budget/resource requirements
- Designs a global Roadmap for their assigned Global Field Capability, which can be reconciled into a wider Global Field Capabilities Roadmap, and ensures the development and rollout of the assigned capability across geographies and functions
- Proactively supports and fosters a positive culture and ensures key partnerships with prioritized markets, business units, and business partners
- Continuously champions an innovation and growth mindset that seeks to identify and leverage new approaches and field solutions to achieve the team's vision
- Defines and oversees the attainment of key performance indications (KPIs) for their assigned Global Field capability
Capability Development and Implementation
- Maintains a high degree of industry intelligence on field effectiveness and capability trends and solutions
- Drives the identification of current state field pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Defines and documents Global Field Capability business requirements
- Identifies potential Global Field Capability solutions, including external vendor evaluation and selection (as needed)
- Effectively mobilizes change management within the organization (IT, commercial operations, and other matrix partners) in the implementation, utilization, measurement and maintenance of field solutions
Capability Management and Maintenance
- Ensures the relevance, resourcing, and sustainability of their assigned Global Field Capability
- Operates as the owner for their assigned Global Field Capability, driving continuous improvement through day-to-day activities
- Oversees the implementation of the Global Capabilities Strategy and Pull Through efforts
- Champions Design Thinking and an Agile Way of Operating across all processes and technologies to simplify operating model and expedite time-to-solution
- Partners with enterprise-wide stakeholders (e.g., IT, BI&A) to conduct Global Field Capability measurement and tracking (Capability Health Dashboard), lead Field Capability reviews, and identify Field Capability enhancements
- Works with the Capabilities Lead to manage an operational budget and advises the planning, resource allocation, and execution of assigned global offerings
- Monitors strict adherence to Medical, Regulatory, Legal (MRL) standards and guidelines, copyright laws, operational guidelines, and Code of Conduct across all activities
(Disclaimer: The responsibilities listed above are only a summary and other responsibilities will be requirements as assigned)
Supervisory Responsibility (List job titles of positions that report directly or indirectly to this position and indicate nature of relationship)
(does not include admins or contractors)
- To be determined
Key Stakeholders/Contacts - describe this position's key internal matrix relationships and key external stakeholders/clients
- Key business partners: WW and Market-Level Commercial Leaders, Market Engagement Partners, WW and US Medical, Channel Capabilities, Operations and Market Engagement
- Key matrix partners: IT (Plan, Build, and Run), BI&A, Legal, Compliance, Human Resources, Global L&D, Finance, Business Architecture, Multi-Channel Hub, Training
- Key external suppliers: Consultancies, Agencies, Technology Vendors
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top