US Medical, Hematology Promotional Review Lead
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As a leader in US Medical Promotional Review, creates a high performing, externally focused team which emphasizes cooperation, personal accountability, and a commitment to quality.
- Responsible for providing oversight of the review of promotional materials for scientific/medical validity across BMS' Hematology Portfolio.
- Manage a team of medical reviewers, including the recruitment, development and succession planning for talent, while supporting key diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Critically review and provide solutions to complex promotional strategies and tactics to ensure balance of the messages, medical accuracy and appropriateness of the content of the materials/activities in accordance with relevant guidance across BMS.
- Proactively align and build strong relationships with commercial leads and other advisors/stakeholders on issues or concerns in promotional review.
- Leverage defined metrics and other tools to improve team performance and ensure adequate resource allocation
- Determine acceptability of data/references used to support promotional claims and provide expert guidance as well as effective negotiation leading to resolution for approval of pieces
- Participate in internal and external meetings (training, educational and others, including medical congresses) to remain current on ever changing regulations, relevant new medical/scientific information and commercial strategy
- BS degree in scientific and/or medical discipline required; PharmD, MD, PhD preferred with minimum of 7 years' experience in clinical practice or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience in managing a team preferred
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of medical review of promotional materials in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments, and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong scientific/medical written and verbal communication skills required.
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry as well as the external compliance, transparency & conflict-of-interest environments
- Experience in delivering a customer-focused service
- Developed business acumen and ability to impact and influence senior internal stakeholders
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with demonstrated success in driving optimal business results in a complex matrix organization required
- Prior experience in therapeutic area preferred
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top