Upstream Operations Supervisor (1st Shift)
- Devens, MA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Shift Supervisor, Clinical Manufacturing - Devens
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together, we are driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide ouremployees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our growing Devens, MA campus is located 45 miles northwest of Boston. The site totals 700,000 square feet on 89 acres and currently supports process development, clinical manufacturing and commercial manufacturing for biologics medicines and construction is underway for a new state of the art Cell Therapy facility. This is an exciting time to join BMS in Devens and be part of our expanding team!
Reporting to the Manager, Devens Clinical Manufacturing, the Shift Supervisor of Clinical Manufacturing is responsible for advancing the mid to late stage clinical pipeline according to established work instructions and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). The Clinical Manufacturing Building (CMB) is a new, state of the art facility utilizing single-use technology.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for execution of manufacturing processes, technical assessment of processes, maintaining a culture of compliance, and innovation within their functional group. The Shift Supervisor is required to guide the shift personnel in their group with the technical knowledge to lead troubleshooting activities, provide investigation support, analyze process/equipment data, and identify and implement process improvements. Working Hours: Monday to Friday: 7am to 3pm
- Provide direct oversight of the execution of manufacturing unit operations utilizing various equipment, process automation, and supporting business systems.
- Ensure team adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and is responsible for the implementation and execution of standard operating procedures.
- Ensure daily work coordination and distribution as demanded through the manufacturing schedule. Is responsible for maintaining schedule adherence and cycle time. Reports variances and communicates impact to cross functional groups.
- Drive right first time (RFT) execution of manufacturing unit operations by providing direct training, guidance, and problem solving on the floor in real time.
- Take an active role in selecting and developing the team. This includes leveraging both internal and external relationships to build the best team possible. Drive continuous improvements through staff engagement.
- Manage performance. Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff. Executes all phases of the performance review process with diligence and on time.
- Lead assigned manufacturing operations team to achieve objectives. Act to promote a productive and cooperative climate. Promote team effectiveness by engaging in a trusting, supportive partnership with others. Facilitate resolution of conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Manage daily communication to shift personnel. Support and drive shift huddles and functional team meetings. Provide shift handover and communication working with other shift team members. Provide critical update summary to the staff for all safety incidents and significant process deviations.
- Act as an area/system owner - a point of contact for all work to be carried out for the area over assigned shift. Build partnership with Manufacturing Operational Engineer/Support to ensure daily data review and trends accomplished seamless operations. Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as deemed fit
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is highly desired.
- Direct biopharma manufacturing experience of 6+ years. Supervisory and or leadership experience which demonstrates proficiency in selection of team and effectively managing personnel issues is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMPs and the know-how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing process with participation in pharmaceutical technology, technology transfer, process development, manufacturing support.
- Demonstrated aptitude for engineering principles and manufacturing automation systems.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever changing business environment.
- Effective communication and technical writing skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top