Supply Chain Operations Specialist
- Summit, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Purpose and Scope of Position
The Site Supply Chain Operations Specialist is responsible for the leadership and support of various projects within the Supply Chain department, ensures established procedures are routinely reviewed and updated for compliance, develops departmental metrics and KPIs, and implements new processes that support the overall mission of S12 Manufacturing.
- Support S12 Site Supply Chain Operations in collecting and analyzing data to improve processes, reporting and communication.
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives that ensures clinical and commercial readiness of the cell therapy programs.
- Manage timelines, escalate critical issues, and maintain status dashboards.
- Develop process flow diagrams, process outlines and documentation to assist in evaluating and optimizing operations.
- Coordinate between Site level colleagues and Global colleagues on implementing new projects, represent the interests of Site Supply Chain Operations in project teams led by other functions.
- Identify strategic and operational issues both internally and externally, develop proposals, outline and implement solutions.
- Seek and support continuous process improvement projects both within the department and across site initiatives.
- Manage creation, implementation and compliance for all documentation, procedures and policies.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all functions at the S12 site, as well as with external customers and stakeholders.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills; ability to create KPIs and metrics that drive decisions, behaviors, and monitors performance.
- Basic understanding with CAPA/Deviation and Change Control processes in a GMP environment.
- Basic understanding of cell culture, cryopreservation, purification, and aseptic processing or lab technique preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of warehousing and logistics operations, planning / ERP systems, reporting and analytics tools (Oracle / OBIEE preferred)
- Knowledge of cGMP/Pharmaceutical regulations
- Experience in MS Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Word, Project), with high proficiency in Excel, Project and Visio.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation development and delivery skills
- Intermediate technical writing capability
- Ability to develop and provide training on various functions
- Ability to solve routine and complex problems
- Ability to provide on-call support in case of emergent issues
- Ability to travel < 10% of time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering, Supply Chain or related discipline).
- 5 years of relevant work experience required in a manufacturing environment, preferably in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industries.
- Experience and credentials in project management and process improvement is preferred (Lean, six sigma, 5s, PMP).
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top