At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Sr. Specialist, Statistical Programming provide elementary programming support to clinical project teams to support the development, regulatory approval and market acceptance of Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) products. This position is primarily responsible for implementing technical solutions for integrating, analyzing, and reporting clinical data. Statistical programmers develop collaborative relationships and work effectively within Global Biometrics & Data Sciences (GBDS), with external vendors and members of cross-functional development teams.
- Develop SAS programs to generate derived analysis datasets and content for tables, listings, and figures; Perform programming validation to ensure quality of analysis datasets and programming outputs
- Support the electronic submission preparation and review
- Assess key documents (e.g., statistical analysis plan, data presentation plan, data review plans, case report forms) to align with objectives and requirements
- Perform programming in accordance with specifications, standards, and conventions
- Develop, debug, and maintain simple to moderately complex programs, macros, and utilities for the analysis and reporting of clinical data
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, computer science or life sciences required
- 0-3 years programming experience in industry
- For US positions: US military experience will be considered towards industry experience
- Rudimentary knowledge of SAS (Statistical Analysis Software): i.e. Base SAS product, with general computing knowledge
- Clinical / statistical programming experience related to pharmaceutical clinical development
- Knowledge of the drug development process, clinical trial methodology and statistics
- Understanding of CDISC standards
- Experience in other software packages (e.g. R)
- Experience with the Linux operating system
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.