Site Procurement Lead, Syracuse
- Syracuse, NY
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS is seeking a Procurement Lead located at the Syracuse manufacturing facility based in USA. Reporting to the Sr. Director - Procurement for Internal Manufacturing Operations, the Site Procurement Lead will lead a team responsible for BMS Mfg. site and regional sourcing efforts for all Direct Raw Materials, Devices, Components & Indirect Products and Services; MRO, Lab Supplies, Facilities and Capital Engineering & Equipment related activities. This position will maintain strong alignment to the manufacturing network strategy and initiatives, support the business with close partnership with the site management team, and engage closely with any appropriate sister sites within the GPS network to ensure best value for individual site and network. The Site Procurement Lead must display excellent communication skills to all internal stakeholders, senior leadership and suppliers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain continuity of current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) Direct material supply for manufacturing operations at the Syracuse facility by managing suppliers and engaging directly with site stakeholders as well as global teams.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a team of procurement operations personnel and create a strategic vision to achieve best-in-class procurement site objectives for supply and services.
- Achieve and exceed metrics including value beyond savings, purchase price variance (PPV), receipt to promise (RTP), inventory, and invoicing compliance.
- Lead Syracuse and Region-based efforts for standardization of raw materials and consumables and drive delivery of cost savings including alternate/secondary sourcing of materials for cost savings/avoidance for all categories category.
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management programs as requested and aligned with Category Leads.
- Lead Regional sub-category strategy development and execution in conjunction with relevant category lead.
- Engage closely with capital procurement team and lead specific engineering projects as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and guidance to department personnel executing sourcing events.
- Lead annual budget process for the site operations, working closely with category leaders, site finance, site supply chain, general management and GP finance with "right first time" standards.
- Support cGMP or Finance audit activities, as required, and in alignment with site quality and finance operations. Escalate supply-related audit requests as required.
- Identifies local suppliers, best practices and ensure local perspective inclusion in larger global initiative.
- Ensures alignment with globally set policies and overlapping flow-charts for all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Develops effective relationships with key suppliers in a way that builds mutual respect, trust and drives performance in a manner consistent with the BMS pledge.
- Works with department heads to identify new opportunities and involves Procurement for overall strategy alignment and seeks ways to improve overall service performance.
- Provide Supplier Diversity vision and strategic direction for the site, leads Diversity initiatives& publishes diversity metrics and measures performance
Communication & Reporting Expectations:
- Incumbent is expected to perform with minimal supervision. Weekly/monthly status reports are provided to the Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement - Internal Manufacturing Operations.
- Daily contacts with General Managers, Materials Directors, Site Department Heads, Central Sourcing and Suppliers
- Frequent contact with Global Procurement Category Leaders and Supplier Diversity Leaders
- Contact with Site/HQ Finance as required
Essential experience and behaviors:
- Prior cGMP experience in biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, and/or medical device industry is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP and/or other ERP system is preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications are preferred (CPM/CPSM/CSCP/CPIM).
- Possess exceptional communication skills and be able to communicate to multiple levels within company.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work cross-functionally as critical member of site team.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation with excellent analytic, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have a proactive, creative and analytic approach to continuous improvement in delivering procurement services and identifying new opportunities.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision from senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science or Industrial Engineering
- Ten (10) years of experience in purchasing/materials management or in positions directly related to the procurement needs of the site customer base (i.e., sales and marketing, research, finance support groups, engineering, manufacturing, etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent analytic, interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills in order to successfully establish the new role of procurement within the organization and to meet the procurement needs of the customer.
- Proactive, creative and analytic approach to continuous improvement in delivering procurement services and identifying new opportunities.
- Strong negotiation skills using sound sourcing principles and a fact-based approach.
- Strong understanding of category specific business operational processes, procedures, workflows.
- Able to work with people in diversified environments (cultures, functions, unique reporting relationships).
- Communicates effectively within a matrix organization.
- Require leadership & governance from a procurement process point of view.
- Effective selling ideas, services and solutions to others at different organizational levels and functions and communicates effectively within a matrix organization.
- Understanding on the methodology, process and guidelines for conducting and implementing an efficient/effective indirect sourcing project
- Understanding of systems and their implications to the operation and strategic impact on the business.
- Proven & effective process diagnostic techniques (brown paper, fish-bone analysis) and formal communication experience.
- Willing to travel within and outside the USA on a very limited basis for staff meetings and presentations
Why should you apply?
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases and be part of the overall supply chain from the smallest component manufacturer to the largest distributor of finished good - all driven towards a singular focus; speed of medicine to the patient
- You willbe part ofa company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top