Senior Supervisor, Instrumentation and Reliability
- Manatí, Puerto Rico
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Supervise instrumentation/calibrations and metrology activities in the site in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and the Site's internal procedures. Provide support in troubleshooting and configuration activities for all plant instrumentation, coordinate, schedule preventive and corrective calibrations and provide daily support to the instrumentation clients through the site in conjunction with the calibrations team. Must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
- Leads the Instrumentation/Calibrations group to assure that required process, laboratories, utilities and facilities equipment calibrations are performed in compliance with cGMP regulations, company policies and procedures and meet Federal and local governmental regulation (e.g. FDA, EQB, OSHA, etc.).
- Supervises (payroll, performance evaluations, etc.) Instrumentation/Calibration technicians to assure compliance with calibration schedules filling and data entry of all calibrations.
- Creates, identifies and implements new and innovative ideas/technologies for the successful development of business opportunities within and outside of the Instrumentation/calibrations area.
- Identifies and implements initiatives to improve business efficiencies.
- Develops new systems, practices and procedures to enhance the performance of the business.
- Facilitates change through creative technical solutions that are grounded in a realistic assessment of what can be achieved
- Ensures documentation of all maintenance activities is completed using CMMS Software.
- Develops required equipment spare parts list to assure minimum equipment repair time.
- Establish Performance Metrics (such as overtime used, PM completion, schedule compliance) and provide/execute corrective actions plans.
- Perform Change Control, Quality Events and CAPA related documentation and ensures its on time completion.
- Troubleshoots routine and unusual technical / administrative problems.
- Ensures that all areas and the environment where maintenance jobs are performed are audited and in compliance with BMS EHS policies and procedures.
- Prepares weekly reports (e.g., highlights on area performance, budget, etc.).
- Authorizes purchases for the parts and services required in the calibrations areas in accordance to budget.
- Ensures that technicians skillfully perform assigned work orders and troubleshooting and properly document it.
- Assess and prepare development training in target areas in order to increase technician's proficiency in current technology and assignments (e.g. New technologies, etc.)
- Manages calibration financial budget according to the established plans.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce instrumentation/calibration related Quality Events (QE's).
- Participates as the Calibration Program SME on regulatory audits and Board of Health (BOH) inspections.
- Prepares work schedules and match employees with the required skill set for the jobs to be accomplished.
- Prioritizes the use of resources to most effectively achieve business goals and within budget.
- Deals effectively with internal and external sources.
- Assigns routine work on daily basis.
- Develops/Motives group force, develop training assessment and appraisal performance.
- Review and approval of maintenance records.
- Ensure reliability strategy is followed to proactively ensure the highest availability of the instruments and standards.
- Monitors work to ensure completion, quality and timeliness.
• BS in Electrical, computer, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and or related fields.
• Five (5) years' experience in instrumentation technology for processing, laboratories, utilities and facilities equipment in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
• Three (3) years experience in a supervisory role in a pharmaceutical environment.
• Knowledge of cGMP's, local/Federal regulatory requirements, and documentation procedures pertaining to a biopharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
• Timely and effective decision making, and timely conflicts resolution skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines in a highly technical and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems for highly technical equipment.
• Computer literate with the ability to understand and use basic computer software packages like Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet, MAXIMO, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret complex mechanical, pneumatic and electrical blueprints.
• General knowledge in automated equipment functionality and architecture.
• Fluently in English/Spanish (Oral and Written)
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills with subordinates, peers, management and clients.
• Self-starter and initiative to undertake/execute activities with minimum supervision.
• Capacity to interact effectively with people.
• Able to exercise good judgment in special situations.
• Ability to keep work pace and/or meet deadlines.
• Willing to work irregular hours, rotative shifts , weekends & holidays
• Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork oriented, able to work under pressure with subordinates, peers, management and clients.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top