Senior Scientist, Translational Bioinformatics
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking an innovative scientist to join our NGS and Proteomics support team in the Translational Bioinformatics group. This group of computational scientists is responsible for advancing Bristol-Myers Squibb's industry-leading pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas (including Immuno-Oncology, Cardiovascular, Fibrosis, and Immunoscience) through the strategic application of cutting-edge bioinformatics approaches. The scientists in this group analyze real-world health data, design experiments and analyze both pre-clinical and clinical -omics data sets, including RNA-Seq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single-cell sequencing, high-throughput proteomics, and multiplex flow cytometry in order to nominate novel drug targets, enable patient enrichment strategies, and guide drug development decisions. The group interacts with and influences all aspects of R&D at BMS, from early discovery through late-stage development.
- Establish best practices for various RNASeq and DNA QC workflows
- Develop methodology to identify biomarkers using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Communicate NGS QC best practices across all relevant teams
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or another relevant field or M.Sc. in one of the same fields and 3+ years of experience in the field
- Excellent working knowledge of RNASeq and DNASeq workflows
- Extensive hands on experience with common NGS tools (samtools, picard, etc.)
- Experience with ggplot2 and other R graphing solutions
- Some statistics background is desirable
- Familiar with methods used in machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) is required.
- Fluency with Linux-based high-performance computing environments, AWS cloud computing, R/Bioconductor, and reproducible research practices
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to computational scientists, experimentalists, and clinicians
- The ability to work independently across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole. Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top