Senior Scientist , Discovery Biology - Immune-oncology and Cell therapy
- Seattle, WA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Discovery Biology team is looking for an innovative, creative and driven drug discovery scientist to help advance our portfolio of anti-tumor cell therapies and immune-oncology products. The successful candidate will have expertise in subsets of tumor associated immunity and the tumor microenvironment including immune cell dysfunction, stromal biology, immune cell migration. In addition, candidate will have experience in target hypothesis generation and validation using both cellular immunology and molecular skills. This scientist will work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment involving multiple teams across the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identification of targets and approaches to overcome barriers that impair T and NK cell function and trafficking in tumors using cellular, biologic, and small molecule therapeutic approaches
- Conceive and develop novelin vitroandex vivoassays/models to evaluate lymphocyte function in the context of the tumor microenvironment
- Design and implement critical studies to drive hypothesis-driven research and decision making
- Provide leadership across multiple projects in a matrixed environment
- Anticipate contingencies and alternative strategies when necessary
- Represent projects and present strategic updates to BMS leadership
- Supervise junior scientists and build relationships with BMS scientists in other functional groups and sites
- Maintain cutting-edge knowledge of immunology and oncology
- Ph.D. in immunology, immuno-oncology, tumor immunology, or a related field, additional postdoctoral or industry experience is preferred; B.S. or M.S. with a minimum of 12 or 7 years, respectively, of relevant work experience
- First-author or coauthored publication(s) in leading biology or immunology journals
- Conceptual understanding of the immune response, hematopoiesis, and antitumor immunity
- Experience with laboratory techniques to interrogate immune cell function: may include Luminex, MSD, IncuCyte-based assays, flow cytometry, cell-based assays, imaging technologies, biochemical techniques, CRISPR and gene editing, transcriptome and proteome profiling
- Demonstration of in-depth, scientific-directed, and innovative thinking
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused with the ability to multitask in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work well as both a team member and an individual contributor
- Good communication skills for cross-functional, managerial, and external interactions
- A basic understanding of bioinformatics, medicinal chemistry and protein engineering is an advantage
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top