Senior Research Investigator, Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics plays a key role in the drug development process such that we plan, design and execute clinical pharmacology studies while maximizing the potential for model-based drug development to drive decisions that inform the course of the clinical development program. This group focuses on 4 therapeutic areas including Immunology, Cardiovascular, Fibrosis, and Neuroscience. The vision for senior research investigators (SRIs) in the group is to be able to function in a blended role that includes both classical clinical pharmacology skillsets combined with quantitative analysis skills.
Please Note: We are hiring at various level positions within Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics and the level of the position will be determined through the interview process based on the candidates experience, skills and capabilities.
Given the breadth of the portfolio, SRIs in this group would have the opportunity to work on compounds in both early and late stages of development as well as assets that are small and large molecules. Based on the person's interest and capabilities, there would be opportunities to stretch beyond one therapeutic area and work on an array of molecules. BMS is committed to people development and we foster a learning environment to build scientific and leadership skills. In addition to scientific projects, scientists will also be able to participate in company initiatives and scientific forums. We are seeking someone who is passionate to develop medicines that help patients and experienced in clinical pharmacology & pharmacometrics who expresses strong communication skills to be able to build strong relationships with cross-functional members of a matrix team.
- Contribute to the development of compoundsdeveloped across multiple therapeutic areas including but not limited to immunology, cardiovascular, virology, fibrosis, and neuroscience
- Contribute towards the creation of CP&P development plans and execution of CP&P related deliverables that are aligned with the strategic objectives of the development team
- Lead / Contribute to the design of clinical studies to characterize the pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and drug metabolism properties, as well as analyze, interpret and report data from such studies
- Plan, execute, and report on model-based pharmacokinetic and exposure-response analyses of data from clinical studies
- Represent the CP&P function on cross-functional drug development teams, contribute to regulatory submissions, and participate in interactions with health authorities
- Participate in departmental initiatives and represent CP&P on cross-functional initiatives / workstreams / taskforces
- A PharmD or PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics, including experience in characterizing the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (biomarker/safety/efficacy) properties of small molecule and biologics drugs
- Knowledge of current practices and issues in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary to report on and deliver scientific presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic team oriented environment
- Serve as the CP&P lead for one or more assets in the BMS drug development program, with supervision
- Experience with the following software is highly desired: R, NONMEM, MONOLIX, and WinNonlin
- Local and international travel for conferences and regulatory meetings may be required depending on project needs up to 5-10% of the time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top