Senior Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Biomarkers
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is actively conducting translational medicine research to further our understanding of cancer biology and to identify which patient populations may be more likely to derive benefit from Immuno-Oncology (I-O). Bristol-Myers Squibb has long believed the future of cancer research is dependent on investments in science and partnerships. Collaboration is integrated into our organizational framework across Translational Medicine and R&D.
The Clinical Biomarker Scientist is responsible for developing and executing on translational strategies for the Oncology pipeline. This scientist works on various projects in either early or late drug development and will act as a key interface with the Translational Medicine Team Lead.
• Responsible for integrating translational research and clinical development, development a biomarker strategy in alignment with clinical development objectives, leading efforts for data generations, interpretation and communication to the development teams.
• Responsible for understanding external research environment, partnering with Discovery biology and other functions both internally and externally to coordinate the execution of Translational Medicine deliverables.
• Engages functional groups to develop, champion, implement and align biomarker strategies for development projects in support of the overall R&D portfolio goals.
• Effectively engages with teams and matrix leadership to define, revise and progress translational/biomarker plans.
• Continually analyzes progress, engages in critical thinking, and asserts strong problem-solving towards delivering key data and interpretation essential for decision making.
• Delivers high quality biomarker strategies for target engagement, pharmacodynamics endpoints and patient selection
• Ensures the output of the biomarker plans meets established project standards.
• Engages team members to ensure alignment of biomarker strategies with clinical operational plans with functional area capabilities
• Builds productive relationships with team members that interact with the clinical biomarker group.
• Effectively interfaces with functional areas to ensure strategic alignment and to identify resources needed to deliver on biomarker goals.
• Communicates key biomarker program information, risks, and milestones, and manages information flow across team members.
• MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced biology degree strongly preferred.
• Experienced scientist with 7+ years of experience in the drug development process.
• Significant understanding of the role of translational research/medicine and clinical biomarkers in drug development
• Demonstrated knowledge of oncology and/or tumor-immunology disease biology
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top