At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Tumor Microenvironment Thematic Research Center (TME TRC) is focused on developing therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology within the TME with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and targeted therapies. Comprising of scientists across multiple disciplines we are responsible for the biology and translational science necessary to support drug development from target identification through to first in human studies.
We are seeking a highly motivated flow cytometry scientist with significant translational and biomarker background (and preferably clinical), industry experience to lead the newly formed Flow Cytometry team. This team is responsible for all flow cytometry-based biomarker assays from program inception to First in Human studies, in alignment with clinical development objectives, as well as clinic-ready target engagement and pharmacodynamic biomarker assays for TME TRC programs. The data generated from this team will influence a broad array of decisions around dose optimization, indication prioritization, and potential drug combinations.
- Lead a group of scientists to drive the adaptation, execution, integration and validation of cutting-edge flow cytometry assays and analysis to develop translational biomarkers in oncology (such as receptor occupancy, ex vivo assays, immune-profiling etc.)
- Oversee the quality of flow cytometry data generated; provide subject matter advice to teams in the selection of antibody panels and panel constituents.
- Interact and collaborate with scientists within Translational Development, Clinical Development, Discovery, Translational Bioinformatics, and our external business partners (both Academic and CRO) to integrate flow-based biomarker data into an overall understanding of drug MOA and efficacy.
- Responsible for developing partnerships in a matrix environment, influencing project strategies, and providing expertise in technology development and implementation.
- Must be able to set and understand priorities in a local and matrixed environment, must be a team player with a collaborative spirit, and capable of building and maintaining networks within and outside the organization.
- PhD in a scientific field (Immunology, Oncology, Biology or similar) at least 8+ years of experience in industry, contract research organization, or pharma setting
- Must be an expert in flow cytometry assay design, development, trouble shooting,validation and implementation on a broad array of platforms
- Demonstrate expertise with complex flow cytometry with hands-on experience with the BD LSR, Fortessa, BD Symphony, Cytek Aurora
- Expertise using of commercial flow cytometry software including BD FACS Diva, FlowJo, FCS Express, Cytobank, ViSNE, TiSNE, etc.
- Significant experience managing a diverse team in high pressure situations
- Ability to clearly communicateand operate in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven track record of handling multiple high priority tasks in parallel with internal and external collaborators
- Prior line management experience
- Demonstrated history of developing careers of others
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly matrixed environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence strategic directions of organizations
- History of scientific accomplishments
- CRO experience, knowledge of CLIA/GCLP practices is a plus
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.